- Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 1 year
- Contract Type Short-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-30
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date October 25, 2021
- Education Bachelor's Degree
Afghanaid is a British international NGO (www.afghanaid.org.uk) that has been working in Afghanistan since 1983. Headquartered in Kabul, Afghanaid implements projects directly in 8 provinces and through partners in a further number of provinces and maintains a marketing and fundraising office in London. Afghanaid works in some of the most remote areas of the country and through a range of programme interventions supports development of basic services, such as water and sanitation, access roads, education facilities and other community infrastructure; strengthens livelihoods through improved natural resource management, agricultural and small enterprise development, and improved access to markets; and provides humanitarian assistance in times of emergencies. Gender mainstreaming, local governance and community development are integrated into all of Afghanaid’s work. The results achieved have earned Afghanaid the respect and recognition of stakeholders as an effective and collaborative charity.
Planning, developing and implementing an appropriate enterprise programme in the selected areas of the respective province in a professional and timely manner.
· Ensuring that the project enterprise programme is implemented in accordance with Afghanaid standards, policies, and procedures and that commitments to the donor, communities and other programme partners are fulfilled in a professional and timely manner.
· Coordinating and communicating with other team members and continuous liaison with provincial stakeholders regarding enterprise-related project progress or other related issues.
· Representing Afghanaid at external forums and promote its work among line departments and NGOs working in the respective province.
· Implementation of enterprise interventions in the selected areas of the respective province to a high quality ensuring that project targets and contractual obligations are being met.
· Ensure that the implemented activities are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries needs.
· Conduct training needs assessments of project participants and supervise the designing and organizing of training programs to address the identified training needs, prepare training assessment reports.
· Building the capacity of project participants in enterprise development, marketing, savings groups management, financial management, soft skills and other topics based on requirements (value chain analysis, market assessment, business management skills, feasibility study etc.) and the provision of technical support
· Create and promote savings, entrepreneurial and joint production culture among the women for increased income generation at household and at community level
· Provide support to the project participants in linking their respective groups to markets and build the leadership capacity of their leaders.
· Assist the groups in effectively managing their savings; monitor savings groups, individual grantees and loan activities and document the experiences.
· Monitor all production support activities and make recommendations for modification, improvement or the introduction of new activities.
· Working with the communities to identify and establish markets for micro and small scale enterprise products.
· Organize exchange visits of entrepreneurs and saving group members and establish linkages with MFIs, market players, suppliers and service providers.
· Organize exhibitions of the produced products at the district, provincial and national level.
· Facilitate the distribution of project materials to Saving Groups.
· Advise and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in designing, developing and monitoring the enterprise implementation plan.
· Prepare monthly reports.
· Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans and budgets and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinators in budget tracking and analysis as necessary.
· Work closely with the project team to foster communication, collaboration and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to enterprise sector implementation quality.
· Liaise with other projects/programs operating in the enterprise development and livelihoods sector in the target districts to identify and taking account of development activities currently being undertaken or being developed in these sectors by the other NGOs/departments.
· Ensure a good working relationship with relevant government departments and administration.
· Facilitate visits of any internal or external stakeholders to monitor the project implementation in close coordination with the provincial team.
· Support the M&E Officer in collecting case studies, success stories and data.
· Keep appropriate records for collecting the evidence of project implementation: attendance sheets, distribution lists, training needs assessment records, pre-, post-tests, etc.
· Support any surveys conducted by head office staff.
· Supervise the vocational trainers.
· Perform any other related duties as required.
- Education/ Training
University Degree or diploma in enterprise development, business management, marketing or related field, Master’s degree is desirable.
Minimum three years of experience in a similar capacity
Proven experience in assessing training needs and building the capacity of a mixture of literate and illiterate project participants
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
· Dependable professional with strong organisational and coordination skills, initiative, judgment and adaptability with significant levels of autonomy
· Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development; ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering trainings in the field to improving the training approach;
· Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Dari, and Uzbek in the case of Samangan;
· Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women with focus on their economic and social empowerment.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software including Accounting Packages, MS Office etc.
b. Working knowledge of budget development, monitoring & control as well as financial reporting and analysis.
c. Advanced knowledge of internal controls and donor rules and regulations
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
e. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
f. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
g. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
h. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
i. Sensitivity to gender issues.
j. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
l. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to email@example.com including the job title and your name in the subject line by 25th October 2021. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.