- Salary Offer As per CRDSA salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 to 6 years of overall experience in IT Data center services and systems management including servers & storages management.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Permanent
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (BCS).
- close Date June 2, 2022
About Roshan Telecom ( TDCA):
Roshan Telecom ( TDCA)
The “Engineer, SUN/UNIX” is responsible for the maintenance and administration of a high availability environment as well as providing leadership in transitioning technical operations from traditional administration and deployment management to infrastructure as application leveraging automation/configuration management technologies.
• Manage Installation, integration of system fixes and deployment of new equipment and UNIX Server Installation along hardware and software RAID configuration (Linux, Centos, Red Hat, SUN / Solaris) and Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL etc.
• Handle technical escalations from Level 1 and Level 2 to the relevant teams and ensures system accessibility, functionality and stability through administration.
• Troubleshoot deep technical issues and analyze complex hardware and software in SUN Solaris / UNIX environments running on the different platforms & technologies including EMC, HP, DELL, LENOVO, ORACLE and IBM.
• Setting up new bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration.
• Experience and knowledge of Shell scripting (bourne, ksh, bash, some perl) scripting for various admin relate jobs.
• Managing, install, evaluate, test, configure, maintain, tune, and troubleshoot IBM Power systems, Oracle SPARC M900 and Oracle SPARC M8-8 Server, DATA DOMAIN servers and operation systems.
• Managing reutilized servers hosted by VMware ESXi and Oracle VM Manager, Microsoft Hyper V and deploy new VMs when required.
• Maintain High Availability (HA), vCenter Server, vSphere Operations Management, VMWare, vSphere clusters, VMware Update Manager, Virtual Distributed Switch.
• Regularly research and perform hardware and software performance tuning, upgrades and resource optimization and evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux infrastructure.
• Providing configuration management, application implementation, server upgrades, software and operating system patches, data backup and restore for the machines and data within incumbent’s area of responsibility.
• Evaluate customer needs based on applications requirements, current capacity and growth trends.
• Manage system hardware, including routine maintenance and Return Materials Authorization (RMA)/replacement of failed hardware.
• Provide weekly and monthly status reports on projects.
• Installation and Administration of Solaris OS 11.4, RHEL & CentOS 8.x, Debian 11, Ubuntu 20.4.x.
• Administration of Sun Cluster, Backup, SVM, H/W RAID.
• Performs activities related to implementation, maintenance and support of SUN Solaris platform, systems & storage arrays.
• Provide system administration for critical servers / workstations /Networks.
• Managing Red Hat Enterprise and Ubuntu Server, Debian and CentOS assisting with internal and external Web development efforts.
• Knowledge in LVM and scripting/shell scripting and understanding on troubleshooting and server management.
• Handle the responsibilities of being a technical interface for specific clients.
• Flexible, 24/7 on call and end user technical support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (BCS).
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification.
• Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) Certification.
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification.
• Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) Certification.
• 5 to 6 years of overall experience in IT Data center services and systems management including servers & storages management.
• 3 to 2 years of experience in the administration of SUN-UNIX systems using SUN Machines and REHL, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS Environment and Hardware and software experience with M9000, Oracle Sparc M8-8 chassis server, IMB and Dell chassis server.