- Salary Offer Based On DRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, of which at least 2 years in emergency response
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-KDN-195-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education Bachelor’s degree Master’s degree is preferred
- close Date May 25, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direct supervision of the Area Program Manager and overall direction of the Emergency Specialist / Technical Coordinator, the Emergency Team Leader is responsible for managing the emergency response in the Area Office/Sub-office of assignment and he/she will supervise assessments, selection, and assistance to the affected targeted population to meet beneficiaries’ needs and project objectives. Hence, he/she will oversee the implementation of shelter emergency response activities as well as guiding the implementation of Emergency‑oriented infrastructures. In general, He/she will oversee the implementation of emergency projects, Chairing (OCT) / active participation on emergency related cluster meetings, government liaison and representing DRC in the humanitarian coordination system in the south region. The Emergency Team Leader will be working in cooperation with DRC’s other sectors (Protection, Livelihoods, MEAL) to bring initiatives in terms of demonstrating DRC’s Core competencies as well as applied integration system.
He/she will be responsible for emergency related reporting responsibilities to APM and technical reporting to technical specialist and technical coordinator.
- To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives, the job holder tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, lead, and coordinate the Rapid Needs Assessments according to DRC SOP & project guidelines.
- Oversee, lead, and coordinate the Shelter Repair / Emergency oriented infrastructure projects according to DRC SOP and project guidelines.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection processes according to the Humanitarian Principles and Code of Conduct and project selection criteria.
- Supervise the Emergency response distributions (Cash and Goods in Kind) according to DRC SOP and make sure all the distribution documents are being sorted out and submitted to procurement department on time.
- Make sure for self-orientation of the DRC’s advance core competencies and also motivating the Emergency team to demonstrate the DRC’s core competencies as well.
- Planning and implementing the emergency response activities, tentative budget forecasts and on time tracking of the expenses and projects’ targets.
- Ensure high quality data collection during assessments, running basic analysis and producing high quality reports.
- Coordinate and support MEAL team for post distribution monitoring.
- Keep close coordination with safety team for any field movement of the team prior the projects implementation.
- Responsible for working in cooperation with DRC’s other sectors (Protection, Livelihoods, MEAL & support services) and bringing initiatives in programs’ integration process.
- Reporting on the emergency projects and activities.
- Government liaison, with relevant line ministries (particularly ANDMA, PDMC, DoRR and Governor’s Office)
- Chair (OCT) / Participating in humanitarian coordination and clusters’ meetings
- Upon request, ready to lead the DRC emergency team and to be re-allocated for short period and with short notice outside the normal area of operation (within the country).
- Directly supervise a team of field officers in his/her area of responsibility and make sure the tasks are equally segregated among them.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Maintain transparency and accountability in Emergency projects.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by the Area Manager / APM and Emergency TC/TS.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree(preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, of which at least 2 years in emergency response
- Good understanding of displacement issues of both internally displaced and refugees
- Good experience of working directly with Afghan communities and local authorities.
- Experience of implementing emergency response projects;
Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of external relations.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience and/or experience of survey and assessment work.
- Good communications skills;
Good written and spoken English.
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing ability
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing ability
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Dari (desirable)
- English (Fluent)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only DRC Job application form will be considering, please do not attached your CVs.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.