- Salary Offer As per organizational Scale
- Years of Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Subject to the project life cycle
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HR1062-AFGA/180
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Pharmacist/ Management science
- close Date February 5, 2023
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the world.
Under the overall supervision of RHCS senior technical advisor the eLMIS specialist will provide technical support to maintain functional eLMIS system for UNFPA RH and family planning commodities across the country. He will also contribute to the collection, management and dissemination of reproductive health and family planning commodity consumption reports. He/she will also support and strengthen the supply chain management by providing technical advice in upgrading and expanding the eLMIS from service delivery points to the central or national level.
- Review and documents all the process “as- is” and develop the “to- be” plans.
- Evaluate details about the eLMIS users and functional requirements as well as technical changes within the system.
- Provide support to UNFPA/AFGA supply chain and program department to develop comprehensive plan for maintenance, development and expansion of the eLMIS system.
- The eLMIS specialist will provide support as key person on developing training plan for relative IPs staff based on conducted need assessment.
- Ensure the availability and the correct use of LMIS reporting tools from different operational areas and sub-recipients of reproductive health supplies.
- Conduct regular data analysis to ensure that all the supplies movement and data records and consumption report at all levels are provided and captured while maintaining good data quality.
- Provide technical support on system developments with system developer according to program needs and UNFPA requirements.
- Provide technical support to UNFPA IPs whether on central and regional level.
- Facilitate the exchange of information among partners.
- Prepare consolidated data report when necessary.
- Ensure that the compiled data is consistent and correct.
- Attending or leading the eLMIS technical working group meetings and follow up of the decided agendas with UNFPA, AFGA and partner agencies.
- Work in close coordination with relevant program Ips/UNFPA and supply chain staff to resolve issues and reconcile inventory with accounting records.
- Work with different stakeholders to prepare for audits and coordinate the audit process.
- Facilitation of RHCS training eLMIS system introduction and expansion sessions at different levels.
- Any other relevant tasks as given by the supervisor.
- Education background in M&E, data management or Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Logistic Management Information System, Monitoring and Evaluation or pharmacy related data management.
- Technical experience in the design of information systems.
- Knowledge of working in the public health supply chain system is preferred.
- Experience of successfully working with multi stakeholders at different levels of the public and private sectors to ensure timely meetings of deliverables of the project.
- The candidate should have good communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and integrity.
- Fluency in English and Pashto and Dari both written and spoken.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs along with cover letter (as 1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than (February 5, 2023), please mention position title and vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email. Applications recieved without proper subject line will be disqualifed from the process.
Applications are accepted in English and shortlisted candidates will be contacted only. Submission after the deadline will not be considered.