- Salary Offer As per organization policy
- Years of Experience Minimum of 7 years’ working experiences
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference JACK-EDU-22-0013
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree in Education. Social Science and Psychology or Educational Administration (Master’s degree is preferred)
- close Date November 30, 2022
About JACK – Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge:
Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK) is an independent, Non-Governmental, Non-Profit, Non-Political and Non-Sectarian Organization working in Afghanistan in the areas of Capacity Building Education and Health with an aim at improving livelihoods and alleviating poverty. The organization is re-registered under the Ministry of Economy with registration number, 316 of January 18, 2006. The organization works in Collaboration with other line Ministries, NGOs, INGOs, and donor community. Our donors are USAID, UN, OCHA and Ministries.
The Provincial Education Manager is reportable to JACK Education Program Director. The following items are the main responsibilities of Provincial Education Manager:
- Lead JACK’s overall education Projects in Kunduz and Parwan province.
- Build and maintain strong/excellent relation and Coordination and Synergy with relevant de facto departments specially PED and DED, UNICEF.
- Preparation and ensuring implementation of project monthly and weekly work plan
- Prepare monthly/quarterly logistical, financial and M&E plans
- Ensure a strong technical relation with program supports units and support functions
- Supervise day to day progress and implementation process of the project
- Ensure that each staff in field is on his/her duty and the CBE and ALC are running actively in Helmand.
- Understand and follow the JACKs child protection and safeguarding policy and that awareness-raising on child protection, response and incident reporting is occurring.
- Ensure appropriate structures, internal and external standards, staffing, resources and policies are adhered.
- Ensure clear understanding of project assumptions by all project staff to aim at effective and timely achievement of project goals, outcomes and outputs.
- Ensure on-time staff recruitment, support and appraisal with support.
- Ensure that all terms and conditions agreed in the signed MoUs with the donor and MoE are adhered to throughout the life of the project
- Ensure that all project activities meet core humanitarian and government standards.
- Manage all education staff and mitigate any risks within the project that could have financial, Human Resources (HR) or Legal consequences or negatively impact ministry or JACK reputation.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Provide managerial guidance and support to the project staff in order to implement the project components timely and smoothly.
- In coordination with JACK Education Director, regularly monitor and evaluate the progress of the project
- Build a team of highly committed and competent staff, ensuring cooperation and coordination among relevant staff within the Project.
- Create a learning environment in which staff regularly reflect, learn from mistakes and use lessons for personal growth and to revise work plans to improve ministry impact.
- Create an enabling environment for dialogue, information sharing, partnerships and, and cooperation between local communities, government structures and local partners when delivering project interventions.
- Coordinate closely with other NGOs in the area to ensure complementary programming.
- Effectively represent JACK operations and mission when accompanying visitors, e.g. donor and/or Government representatives and other delegations to project sites
Reporting and Administration:
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements.
- work and meet deadlines of donor for financial reporting and sharing it with sector lead on due time
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes.
- Analyze the impact of projects and promote learning by documentation of best-practices. Use this information to support decision- making processes. Track project progress, project expenditure against approved budgets, anticipate any deviations and recommend and take action on relevant and required adjustments.
- Track projects risk in order to timely adjust and implement the existing contingency plan.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Create and present monthly summaries of projects’ activities and future plans to JACK leadership
- Any other task assigned by Education Director.
- Manage CBE and Teacher Training senior officers and operation team.
- Coordinate and implement new employee project orientations and trainings.
- Initiate and perform, with support from others, staff performance appraisals.
- Maintain accurate employee data files and oversee completion of routine issues such as contract renewals, leave, salary adjustments.
- Identify staff capacity needs and undertake pro-active on-the-job training to strengthen their capacity to deliver interventions.
- With support from JACK Finance Department, assume primary responsibility for budget reviews and monthly financial reports, highlighting concerns as they arise.
- Ensure proper coding and budget availability of all projects’ expenses.
- Oversee the submission of monthly cash requests for project operations.
- Ensure contractors and creditors are paid in a timely manner.
- Review and approve expenditures and contract according to assigned levels of authority.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
- Promotes gender equality and non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background.
- Participate in workshops, seminars & conference organized by the education program/UNICEF and PED.
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experiences on similar positions of Education Program with national and international NGOs.
- Bachelor Degree in Education. Social Science and Psychology or Educational Administration (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Excellent English, Pashto, and Dari reading, writing and verbal skills
- Fluent English ,Pashto, and Dari with excellent speaking and writing skills
- The position will be based in Helmand with frequent travels to the districts.
Other skills required:
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities;
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to travel throughout country;
- Respect confidentiality of organization;
- Ability to use information technology effectively.
Please click on below link and follow the instructions to apply the vacant position