- Salary Offer SCA Internal salary scale
- Address Ghazni City
- Years of Experience At least 3 - 4 years’ experience in data management, data processing, data entry within relevant field, preferably in NGOs.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/GRMO-36/2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Must have bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Education, business administration, Technology in Engineering.
- close Date August 11, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA and SCA education directives
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions, and other NGOs
- Do related job as delegated by the Education Project Manage
- To supervise the maintenance of the education database in the education unit.
- To supervise CBE classes related data information filing system.
- To supervise the maintenance of the education filing system.
- To enter school certified (by EPM or line seniors’ officers) data and statistic into the computer database, make analysis and reports based on the data
- Translate text form English to Dari and Pashto correspondence, reports, instructions, etc if needed
- To maintain and improve filing system of education unit and keeping record of hard copy of files.
- Corresponding exchange of office to MoE authorities and others education activists
- Initiative project supply sheets (education material, Operational Equipment, and other kinds of supplies)
- To take minutes from meetings
- Timely follow up of the delivery for the education materials, equipment and other logistics items and stuff to the filed to ensure the safe arrival of the mentioned materials
- Fill up the delivery sheets send and forwards to Logistic for further process.
- Receiving copies of returned deliveries from schools and keeping the soft and hard record of it.
- Compare list of stored material with Logistic unit store’s list
- Keeps store’s balance for education unit
- Assist the education project manager in planning, budgeting, reporting, revision and follow up of the budget
- To maintain updated inventory list of equipment, deliver to PEDs/DEDs, TEC, and CBE supports schools/RCs
- handling of SMSs, TECs and IE related data collection activities.
- Keeping update training data certified by STO
- Visit CBE locations for data verification and materials’ distribution accuracy
- Prepare success stories of education activities.
- Any other task may be assigned by the manager
- Promotes gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the education programme
- Promotes good coordination with other SCA projects, units, and other department at KMO especially ETU with regard to planning, reporting, budgeting and update collection data of field staff
- Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders
- To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the education projects and SCA in general
- To actively ensure community participation in education projects
- Must have bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Education, business administration, Technology in Engineering.
- At least 3 – 4 years’ experience in data management, data processing, data entry within relevant field, preferably in NGOs.
- Adequate experience in working in remote and with hard-to-reach communities.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter through the link below: https://scahris.odoo.com/jobs/announcements/detail/education-project-officer-150
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.