- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 5 years’ experience in education, preferably in an NGO environment or educational setting
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OCCD/KBL/GZI/013
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in education, development, or another social science
- close Date November 28, 2022
Organization for Community Coordination and Development (OCCD) established and registered with Ministry of Economy in 2013, is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and independent organization. OCCD works in partnership with Government, development and implementing partners in Health, Education, Agriculture and Livestock, Research and Development
The Education Officer will implement CBE / ALP and pre-school activities under a specific EiE Program, by ensuring the program is of high technical quality, and child protection and monitoring processes are in place. He or she will make sure timely reporting occurs according to donors’ requirements to the Project manager. In addition, he or she will make sure the program is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place for a change of context.
He/ she will also play a central role in the implementation of the Education Activities along with Child protection within the Education program such as addressing violence against children by strengthening Child protection systems at all levels. Work specifically with project Staff as Trainers, Teachers, and Community Mobilizers, in order to improve education program quality and child protection capabilities, attitudes and behaviors; increase the capacity of the children themselves to prevent and respond to violence against them and increase learning and generate best practices related to child protection approaches
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The Officer should work closely with the Project Manager on all aspects of the project implementation:
- Under the overall technical and administrative direction of Education Project Manager assist EiE project planning and implementation including school assessment teacher recruitment teacher training and awareness to children’s caregivers.
- Undertake training needs assessments for project staff teachers with the assistance of Project Teacher Trainers in the province.
- Develop & organize on-the-job refresher training to address any gaps and build the capacity of individuals and departments targeted by the project.
- Design training for the beneficiaries in accordance with the approved proposal of the projects.
- Evaluate regularly the impact of all conducted training.
- Coordinate the monitoring of the activities according to the approved activities schedule.
- Producing initial reports of the activities and sharing these reports in timely manner.
- Keep the record of the project and do the proper data collection and file accordingly.
- Assist in recruitment of project staff and project field staff in coordination with HR and relevant policies.
- Engaging the community in activities establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project
- Coordination with relevant government departments in the province including the provincial education department district education departments and department of the economy.
- Keep the perfect record and filing system of the project activities and do the proper data collection.
- Supporting the unit head in the implementation of another educational project.
- Conduct field visits to OCCD targeted areas.
- Prepare monthly quarterly result-based progressive reports the relevant line Ministry of Education Ministry and clusters.
- Inspire staff to excel in their jobs while also achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Preparing and coordinating daily plans and activities that contribute to the objective of the project.
- Regular and on need field visits from the project site.
- On-time reporting of the overall activities being undertaken at the field level to the field Coordinator.
- Monitoring and supervision of the activities at the field level and sharing the findings with the Project manager and relevant staff for improvement.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to OCCD in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the program are met.
- At least 5 years’ experience in education, preferably in an NGO environment or educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree in education, development, or another social science
- An understanding of formal and non-formal education
- Understanding of government institutions, particularly the public school and CBE Policy
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Understanding of child rights programming.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English, Pashto, and Dari
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and to plan strategically
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
Note:- There is a three months of probationary period for all staff, Incase the employee fails to fulfill the requirements or completion of given tasks during this period OCCD can end his/her contract immediately.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes along with the cover letter to email@example.com
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE THE VACANCY#, POSITION, AND PROVINCE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted