- Salary Offer Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
- Address Tishkan District
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 to 4 years of working experience in education programs implementation in field level and working experience in CBEs/CBSs given priority.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-TRMO-287-22
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Must have bachelor’s degree in Education and master’s degree in education is preferable
- close Date December 4, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
Based in hub schools/DEDs, the Education Field Supervisor (EFS) is a district level staff member of education team at Regional Management Office (RMO) level. In cooperation with the team members, s/he is responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of SCA supported Educational Field Facilities including CBS, Coaching Classes, and hub schools as resource centres. The EFS is responsible for capacity development of headmasters/first teachers in class observation, school supervision, monitoring, mentoring, community mobilisation and report writing skills. EFS ensures effective teaching and learning process in all educational facilities supported by SCA education programme in his/her duty station/district. The EFS initiates fruitful communication with schools to district level educational authorities through direct contacts and participation in the relevant meetings on school’s affairs and updates GESO/Project management team on developments happening in his/her duty station from time to time. The EFS ensures that ally types of educational supplies are delivered to his/her station, recorded, and distributed to the end users within set schedules and full transparency in practice.
The Education Field Supervisor spends more than 90% of his/her official times in the field while working directly with the teachers, students, and members of the School Management Shura (SMS) and establish a close coordination with teacher elected councils (TECs) in district level for improving quality of learning outcomes among the students. S/he is to assist the Education Project team and EPU in conducting Assessments, Studies, Evaluations and Reporting of SCA education projects.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA.
- Strictly follow the SCA financial regulations and procedures at the field level.SCA Colleagues:
- Work closely with education team particular with Master Trainers, Inclusive Education Training Officers and Inclusive Education Resource Persons and Resource Centre in- charges in the field level to share and ask them for supports regarding schoolteachers needs and share training needs of teachers and get feedbacks.
- In close coordination with School Health Officer, ensure school health & personal and environmental hygiene’s measures are adequately in place and practices in accordance with school’s health policy.
- Maintain close contact and working relationships with the relevant Government departments such as PED, DED, Hub Schools, School Management shuras/SMS or CDCs and Teacher Elected Councils/TEC civil society organizations, NGOs and other education actors, who are doing or active in education sector in district level.
School (CBEs and CCs):
- Ensure increase on participation and retention of girls at schools (CBEs and CCs).
- Supervise activities of Headmasters and teachers and provide them the required supports/instruction with respect to SCA Educational guidelines, to further enhance learning outcome of students at schools (CBEs and CCs).
- Ensure that integration of students and handover of CBS to the MoE takes place regularly as per CBE Policy and as well as in light with the Agreement of Partnership between SCA and MoE.
- Ensure timely provision of the teaching and learning equipment and materials to the students and track the records.
- Assist the teachers and students in development and utilization of low cost & accessible teaching and learning material
- Ensure appropriate use of the teaching and learning equipment and materials in the teaching and learning process and monitor quality of equipment and materials provided to schools and keep record them.
- In close collaboration with schoolteachers, conduct assessments of students learning achievements in each visit and keep appropriate records from progression.
- Do an active role/participation in verify and update of collected data during the school visits, maintain the data record forms regularly and in timely manners.
- Maintain update records on students’ attendance, enrolment, teachers’ attendance, and professional needs in close co-ordination with Education Programme Officer.
- Assist the teachers and encourage students to initiate creative works like stories, poems and explore the options for publication of their creative works.
- Ensure that school health & hygiene practices are in place and students are complying with them.
- Assist in data collection of the concerned schools/classes for internal and external studies/ assessments/evaluations.
- Ensure that SCA supported community-based schools & Coaching Classes are run in accordance with SCA policy and SCA Education Directives and Promotes gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background.
- Make sure that teachers receive their monthly salaries within due times.
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision of schools including CBSs, coaching classes and assure for adequate implementation child friendly schools and to monitor the teaching/learning process, status of the students’ attendance, classrooms instruction, availability of the teaching and learning materials at classes.
- Report to the Project Management Team on his/her performance and developments in educational facilities on monthly basis.
- In case of need, to teach some subjects, conducting training to teachers as per the RMOs Education project Plan.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line supervisors.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Education and master’s degree in education is preferable.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of working experience in education programs implementation in field level and working experience in CBEs/CBSs given priority.
- Good experience of teaching, teachers training, classroom, and Schools observation
- Experience of working in remote and hard-to-reach communities, on community mobilization, school resource management and field conflict resolution.
- Fluency in language of the duty station, written and spoken. As well as basic of English language.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team & strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback.
- good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ready to work and ability to travel frequently to project sites within the district/province level.
- Computer skills at operator level, especially with Ms. Word and Ms. Excel.
- Be an Afghan national
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience and send your application / CV to the below link:
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
Applications after announcement closing date or Application in hard copy will not be accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.