- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience • Four to five years of technical expertise in the areas of Education
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference EX-61-2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 22, 2021
- Education Master Degree
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
- Summary of Key Functions
- Develops strategic direction for the education portfolio of the projects in consultation with program lead with a focus on Education in Emergencies and new innovations.
- Ensures managers implement on-time high quality education and education in emergency projects, with regular review and revision of program designs.
- Identification and development of new initiatives & projects in the design, research of program effectiveness, and resource mobilization.
- Actively represents CARE education portfolio in Education Cluster, EiE Working Group and in other external coordination meetings
- Closely coordinates and collaborates with operational, implementation, monitoring and evaluation program teams to maximize program cohesion and effectiveness.
- Represents CARE and the education program portfolio in government, and donor coordinated meetings
- Ensures best practices are adopted and used across projects and emergency and development projects are aligned with the CI Global Standards, CARE 2030 Vision and CARE Afghanistan country strategy.
- Ensures the Theories of Change are reviewed and/or updated and adapted as needed to help meet the intended results.
- Communicates impact and significant developments within CAFG programming by generating appropriate reports and fact sheets in order to facilitate resource mobilization, multiplying impact and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensures that the program has clear and practical M&E systems and tools that will generate data for drawing lessons and reprogramming
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to program teams to manage implementation in line with appropriate quality standards, including ensuring technical support needs are identified and addressed.
- Responsible for the development, design, resource mobilization, and quality of delivery of the portfolio
- Expansion of Education in Emergency programming
- Key relations
- Represents CAFG in relevant National level and initiatives
- Develops, manages, influences and maintains external and institutional relationships including relevant Ministries, other aid providers and civil societies as appropriate.
- Communicates internally programmatic issues with program team members, Provincial manager, Departments heads to ensure effective implementation and required support for program portfolio.
- Lead and guide a team of education project managers, education advisors, and education teams.
- Collaborative team work with program sector leads in multi-sectorial programs and proposals.
Kabul Main Office with frequent travel to field offices
- Key Results Expected
- High quality education programming for CARE Afghanistan maintained, the quality of outcomes ensured by guiding program teams and the education well integrated
- Evidence based outcomes and impacts generated, through program assessments and strong research to contribute to the body of knowledge that proves and advocates for certain approaches to collective education data.
- Strategic partnerships identified and built in line with strategies and pathways in collaboration with relevant teams
- CARE and the education program are adequately represented in UN coordination, Government and in donor meetings
- Appropriate tools/approaches adopted to support implementation of the long term program and education in emergency programs
- Periodic reviews of the Program design are led, (including domains, pathways, assumptions, breakthroughs and indicators) in close collaboration with relevant teams and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Timely and quality implementation is ensured, following project-based detailed work plans and budget forecast and expenditures for all education programs.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITES:
Strategy & Program Development
- Develop the technical/sectoral components of new proposals, in coordination with the proposal and MEAL teams
- Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.
- Lead in project design with the Proposal development team for potential new proposals in Education in emerging based on new educational needs.
- Meet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence.
- Participate in revision of CARE strategies, capacity statements and priorities based on emerging needs and donor interests.
- Lead the revision of the sectoral program in alignment with strategy.
Support program quality, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical supervision to field education staff including coaching, sharing resources and materials, revision of reports, analyzing lessons, etc.
- Monitor progress of education projects and discuss challenges and support needed with field teams.
- Address implementation delays and issues with the relevant grant managers and finance team
- Participate in the recruitment of relevant staff for the sector
- Develop sector measurement tools in collaboration with MEAL team. Specifically, set sectoral/technical tool questions based on accredited global CARE tools.
- Intervene, when necessary, at procurement level, to facilitate/find solutions to material purchase difficulties or delays that are affecting the program quality implementation.
- Review grant progress reports and M&E reports specifically program findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to annual reports that document progress against strategic objectives.
- Support the development of external communication materials relating to CARE education sector achievements
Staff Management & Capacity Building
- Provide input to sector organizational structure and staffing plan and ensure reviewing/adjustment of JDs as needed
- Contribute in setting performance indicators for the education project teams in close coordination with the project manager
Develop Education capacity building plans and share with HR
- Assist staff & partner agencies in understanding and adapting project models to local contexts in alignment with local strategy
- Orient and train CARE staff partner agencies on Education, standards, tools, models, etc.
Networking & External Engagement
- Engage in networking and coordination with external Education Stakeholders and partners Coordinate with Education internal stakeholders at the regional and Global levels to share best practices and access information.
- Coordinate with relevant departments on the promotion of CARE’s education programs at the level of the national and local government related institutions.
Learning and Research
- Identify key sources of information around education including government bodies, local and international organizations, academic institutions to identify learning, trends, and new parameters that could affect the implementation of current or future education projects
- Participate in all education projects’ lessons learned events.
- Participate in design and roll out of new research proposals and initiatives of CARE
- Conduct regular situational analysis of the sector and feed recommendations back to CARE for decision making on future priorities.
- KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Four to five years of technical expertise in the areas of Education
- Proven experience in working with MoE, donors and other education stakeholders
- Experience in capacity building processes, tools and methodologies
- Three years or more NGO experience in the humanitarian and development fields respectively
- Experience in needs assessment and project design
- Understanding of principles and standards for Education in Emergencies.
- Creative and able to come up with, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Experience and willingness to take initiatives in all potential Education areas
- Strong networking skills and experience in external engagement;
- Experience working through a partnership model is an advantage
- Able to work on multifunctional tasks in the pressure of time and organizational changes;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Preferred Knowledge
- Master’s Degree in the above mentioned areas
- Experience participating in program implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience with child focused empowerment programs Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement;
- Experience in team leadership and managerial and Administrative skills,
- Strong facilitation skills and a good listener
- proficiency in written and spoken English,
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams and projects,
- Excellent skills in budget development and management
- Experience in implementing education in emergency programs and education in development projects.
- The position requires ability and willingness to continue to function during a crisis, including during CARE’s response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to email@example.com before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and location in the Subject Line (Education Coordinator Ex-61-2021) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)