- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience Minimum 2 years of working experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year-Extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Loc-53-2021
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility NO
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 19, 2021
- Education Bachelor or equivalent degree in security-related fields
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, nonpolitical, non-profit, non-partisan, and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
Summary of Key Functions (CARE Afghanistan is seeking a talented Access and Field Security Officer (Balkh and Herat) who is responsible for maintaining oversight of operational safety and security issues and implementing CARE safety protocols and procedures across CARE’s field program locations inside Balkh and Herat Province as they relate to CARE Afghanistan’s program works. This position is based in Balkh and Herat with a significant period of time spent visiting field locations and providing support to other members of CARE’s Balkh and Herat Program Team.
The Access and Field Security Officer (Balkh and Herat) In Regards Access communication the access & field security officer will use their community networks or communicate directly with the relevant stakeholder’s representatives when required to communicate CARE Afghanistan’s country office access working group official position on access, communication or policy points and return similar relevant stakeholders communications back to the CARE Afghanistan country office access working group. In regards Field Security will be the first responder to security incidents in his/her field operational areas, notifying other staff members, the Provincial manager, and the Operational Resilience Manager – ORM (Kabul). of security incidents and initiating local contingency plans. The Balkh and Herat Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) is responsible for maintaining oversight of operational field safety and security issues and implementing CARE safety protocols and procedures across CARE’s Balkh and Herat field program locations. This position is based in Balkh and Herat, with the possibility of a high percentage of time spent in field program locations and a significant period of time spent visiting community elders and relevant stakeholder’s representatives supporting in providing two-way communications from the CARE Afghanistan Country Office Access working group (AWG) to the relevant stakeholder’s members and when necessary support other CARE Afghanistan requests.
Key relations (The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat Province) will be responsible for:
- Maintain high levels of oversight for field security issues.
- Maintain Field security information trees and disseminate security flash alerts and advisories to staff/partners as and when required
- Monitor SOPs, supporting the development of new procedures to match security challenges and operational realities as they present.
- Attend local community & relevant stakeholders network meetings.
- Reporting back to the CO – AWG communications relevant to CARE program works.
- Report to the ORM / Balkh and Herat PM – Field security issues.
- Provide SITREPs to CARE Afg ORM
- Support assessments for mission clearance of program staff accessing field locations.
- The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) will work as part of the CARE Afghanistan’s Risk Management Unit (CARMU) which encompasses this position.
- The AFSO is to ensure that CARE Balkh and Herat field staff are informed of security and safety issues and ensure that field staff understand and follow SOPs and local security procedures.
- The Access & Field Security officer will report non-compliance issues to the ORM and Balkh and Herat PM
- Key to the success of this post will be the Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) ability to effectively cross communicate CARE’s working program access acceptance whilst ensuring continued security management of risks, threats, or future concerns whilst balancing against programming imperatives.
- The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) is expected to be able to solve problems at a local level and demonstrate a consistent approach to the management of operational security risks.
- The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) will be part of the response to security incidents in his/her operational field areas, notifying other staff members, of security incidents and initiating local contingency plans.
Key Results Expected (Ability to effectively cross communicate CARE’s working program access acceptance whilst ensuring continued security management of risks, threats, or future concerns whilst balancing against programming imperatives. The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) is expected to be able to solve problems at a local level and demonstrate a consistent approach to the management of operational security risks. The Access & Field Security officer (Balkh and Herat) will be part of the response to security incidents in his/her operational field areas, notifying other staff members, of security incidents and initiating local contingency plans.
Core Competence (People skills) As a team player be able to support local and international staff and also able to work with disaster-affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Skills and Experience: (Communication skills) Having written and oral communication skills.be able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of CAFG. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others) Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Having a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high-security context.
- Resilience / Adaptability and flexibility) Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high-security risks, and harsh living conditions, works and lives with a flexibly adaptable and resilient manner.
- Knowledge and skills) knowledge of security measures appropriate to the NGO community and CARE Policies and procedures. Required ability to teach safety and security awareness, administration, information management, and telecommunication skills, and proficiency in information technology /computer skills.
Education: (Bachelor or equivalent degree in security-related fields)
Work Experience: (Minimum 2 years of working experience and living in Balkh and Herat Province)
Languages Skills: (Competent and literate in Dari & Pashto language verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions. Good working knowledge of English verbal and written
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line (Access/Security Officer Loc-53-2021 Khost) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- The only residence of Kandahar can apply for this position.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for an Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse), and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)