- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Address MCHC Kapisa
- Years of Experience Experience working with children and in the field of child development • Experience working in Child Friendly Spaces is an asset
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Project Base
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HNTPO-02-26-2024/004
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Preferably holds a 12th grade school graduation and nursing
- close Date February 26, 2024
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and stakeholder in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary and secondary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major programs are Health Emergency Response (B/EPHS) projects in three provinces, nutrition, Mental Health, Psychosocial program, Malaria and TB Control program, through a community system strengthening approach.
HealthNet TPO has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. HNITPO takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving HNITPO employees and Related Personnel
The Early Childhood Educator is directly responsible for taking care of the children who accompany their mothers to the MCHC by engaging them in recreational activities in the safe environment of the child friendly corner. This position is part of the holistic approach of services provided in the MCHC. Under the supervision of the MCHC In Charge, the Early Childhood Educator will work in close collaboration with the MCHC team members including the Midwife, Psychosocial Counselors, Social Mobilizer, and Female Youth Educator.
- Ensure that the child friendly corner is a safe environment for children.
- Develop and implement activities that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Engage children in recreational activities (story telling, play, creativity through art, crafting, painting and drawing) and create a secure environment that promotes the overall well-being of children.
- Plan innovative and age appropriate ways of keeping children actively engaged through fun and play activities.
- Assess abilities, interests and needs of children.
- Ensure a secure and supportive atmosphere for mothers, allowing them to participate and engage in PSS activities without concerns about their young children.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for children to thrive and ensure the safety of the children within the designated place.
- Regularly inspect and address any potential safety hazards for young children in the surroundings and collaborate with relevant personnel to address safety and cleanliness concerns promptly.
- Regularly communicate with mothers to address any specific concerns or needs of their young children.
- Provide emotional support to children and mothers within the MCHC.
- Collaborate with other team members to enhance the overall effectiveness of the MCHC.
- Preferably holds a 12th grade school graduation and nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children and in the field of child development
- Experience working in Child Friendly Spaces is an asset
- Fluent in Dari/ Pashto, in spoken.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this vacancy is 26th Feb, 2024
Please ensure to mention the position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration.
Country office Address
House# 19, Silo Road 5, Deh Naw Dehbori, District 3