- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 10 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AAH/AFG-2021-095
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 23, 2021
- Education Bachelor`s degree in social science, disaster management, development studies, agriculture or related field from reputed university
About Action against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) that was create in France in 1979. Action Against Hunger has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
Mission 1: Ensure context analysis to contribute on the deliberation of strategy and positioning of emergency response mechanism
- Undertake systematic and thorough analysis of the humanitarian situation in geographic area through rapid assessment, market survey and household interviews.
- Take notice of the sectorial orientations of national strategy and understand the implications for his field of activity
- Identify the presence and the strategic orientations of other partners in the field with a view to improving coordination and effective working.
Mission 2: Current program management and coordination
- Provide guidance and advice to the program teams so that emergency interventions are always justified and based on sound needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Lead the joint assessment in identifying humanitarian needs in collaboration with partners ( NGOs, UN Agencies and ANDMA and DoRR )
- Analyse the results of need assessments and submit the assessment report in specific formats.
- Ensure that ACF methodologies, HEAT assessment tools and common rationale for targeting and integrated responses are followed.
- Contribute to proposals for intervention (Context analysis, logical framework, budget, time scales and logistics) in collaboration with the departments concerned
- Ensure that M&E procedures for emergency response are adapted, understood and followed.
- Prepare internal and external reports for ACF and donors, including case studies and success stories.
- Ensure that all project activities are carried out in a timely manner and as per the agreed criteria and agreement
Mission 3: Humane Resource and budget management
- Determine staffing needs and carry out recruitment process as per established HR policies.
- Ensure that performance appraisals for all staff are done in a timeline manner, in line with ACF performance management policy
- Identify training needs of the ERM staff, prepare and facilitate/ execute the trainings
- Mange and supervise project staffs to motivate and build team sprite and maximize their contribution to the project
- Ensure all staffs are aware and abide by security and safety guidelines of ACF
- In collaboration with Admin/Finance manager, ensure that program budgets are respected, procedures are followed.
- In collaboration with Admin/Finance manager and Logistics manger, consolidate budget & procurement procedures.
- Prepare monthly financial projections and share with the base admin/log
- Manage ERM activity budgets, control expenditures and report to base admin/logistics manager.
Mission 4: Represent ACF in internal/external coordination with local authorities and partners
- Represent ACF at internal and external forums/ networks; establishing and maintaining contact with a range of organizations and individuals who can support the programme in the provincial level.
- Work closely with project team, partners and relevant government department(ANDMA, DoRR) to ensure appropriate feedback mechanisms are incorporated into project implementation structures
- Participate in cluster level meetings in regional and provincial level to ensure ACF participation in surveys and assessments
Skills and resources needed to perform the function
- Bachelor`s degree in social science, disaster management, development studies, agriculture or related field from reputed university
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in mid-level management position in international NGOs, working experience in ERM will be added value
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standards and principles including Red cross code of conduct, Standards ( CHS, HAP, SPHERE and people in Aid Good enough guide ) international and national humanitarian laws and policies.
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills
- good level of sill in emergency need assessment
- Good team management and positive attitude
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Good computer skill
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department office or can also be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org no later 23 of October -2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer.
Action against Hunger is committed to the prevention of risks related to abuse, sexual exploitation and the promotion of gender equality and its diversity. The mission Afghanistan encourages the application of the women / men / disabled workers / Senior / others>. Action against Hunger’s recruitment process is free of charge, no compensation of any form shall be requested from a candidate. It reflects the major policies and its charter through its professionalism and impartiality. If you observe behavior in opposition to these values during this process, please report it to the appropriate teams.