- Salary Offer Grade G of NTA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Secondary School Certificate of Education
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R2230
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least two (2) years of experience working in an environment similar to or closely related to MSH type of work
- close Date August 17, 2022
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Drive MSH staff and partners to official meetings and events using the MSH vehicle.
- Drive MSH staff and partners while maintaining passenger confidence on their safety and security and timely transport to destination.
- Assist with proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely servicing of vehicle so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times (exterior car wash and interior cleaning/vacuuming; change oil, purchase of battery etc.).
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of the vehicle.
- Inspect vehicle before and after every trip.
- Ensure all trips are supported by approved trip authorization forms.
- Coordinate with admin unit on trip scheduling.
- Promptly complete log book and other daily vehicle records.
- Assist in ensuring vehicle registration; licenses, insurance, etc. are current and compliant with road regulations.
- Provide office support on maintaining a clean environment within office premises.
- Provide messenger services.
- Carry out any other responsibility as assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Secondary School Certificate of Education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least two (2) years of experience working in an environment similar to or closely related to MSH type of work
- Valid driving licence, Secondary School certificate with minimum two (2) year’s work experience
- Experience driving in and familiarity with conflict areas. Valid Afghanistan driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Driving, troubleshooting (mechanical, electrical).
- Metro main roads, landmarks; inner streets.
- Knowledge of current/new traffic rules and regulations.
- Knowledge on measures to ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle; timely maintenance, repairs, purchase of parts for replacement; efficient scheduling of trips.
- Ensure driver’s licence is valid and renew when needed.
- Ability to provide proof of good driving record.
- Ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle. Previous auto mechanic experience helpful.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects and perform other strenuous tasks.
- Administrative experience with experience performing computations preferred.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.