- Salary Offer As per NRC Salary Scale
- Address Zabul
- Years of Experience 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role/position in an INGO or humanitarian agency.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration till 31-December-2022 Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0354
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Secondary School Graduate, High School Graduation is preferred
- close Date October 1, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan.
- To drive the NRC Afghanistan office vehicle safely for transport of authorized personnel & goods.
- To keep assigned vehicle clean both internally and externally
- To carry out daily preventive maintenance, including checking fuel & water check (radiator and wipers), lights, tires pressure, horn and general inspection of interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- To maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as maintenance and making sure it is signed properly by the user & authorizing 0fficer.
- Ensure that all essential items in vehicles are available at all times (fire extinguisher, first aid box, spare wheel, tool kit and other items as suggested by security).
- Ensure that HF (High frequency) and VHF (Very High Frequency) radios are working properly, report faults if broken
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Good command over local languages, Basic knowledge of English Language is preferred
- Knowledge of NGO working environment
- Knowledge about support section.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- 3 to 5 years driving experience preferably with international NGOs and driving 4×4 vehicles.
- Should have geographical experience;
- Fluency in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Understanding of local languages, and some knowledge of English is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to project sites in the South Region.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.