- Years of Experience At least 4 years experience in the clinical management of TB and counseling
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Short Term
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Jhp-UHI-274
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from Medical University.
- close Date August 8, 2022
Urban Health Initiative
The USAID-funded Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve the health outcomes of
people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other
vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access, and quality of health
services. Led by Jhpiego and implemented by a dynamic consortium of organizations, UHI is
implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar.
DR- TB counselor will be based in UHI priority HFs of Kabul city (Afghan Japan TB hospital) and will
work to manage all DR TB project related activities in this hospital.
Position Reports To: Associate Cluster Manager
• Supervisory position:
• Location: Afghan Japan Hospital (DR- TB ward)
• Medical counselor for DR- TB patients is responsible to provide daily counseling to DRTB
patients coming for treatment follow up and counselling for DR TB patients who are
having social/family and drug side effects problems has affected their professional and
• Counselling and treatment of those DR TB patients who are suffering from depression,
stress, anxiety, etc…
• Counselling for the DR TB employees who are irresponsible and careless regarding their
responsibilities or who are disappointed and hopeless.
• The counselor reinforces the adherence messages and addresses barriers to adherence
during every follow-up counseling
• Medical counselor supports the PMDT staff in recording and reporting the DR- TB
patients (Registers and ENRS)
• Medical counselor supports the PMDT staff in the patient’s treatment following
• Medical counselor manages the time for the next treatment follow-up and counseling
Manage and facilitate all financial issues such as transportation cost, Food basket, Lab
test… to the DR- TB patients.
• Support the PMDT staff to refer patients to receive food baskets and initial lab exam
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of MoPH-approved TB policies and guidelines and
ensure the project-supported areas adhere to them and follows best practices.
• Provide the monthly and quarterly DR- TB reports to the project
• Support the PMDT staff and DR- TB patients to consider the TB infection control
measures including the distribution of masks to the patients
• Support the PMDT staff to identify and manage adverse drug reactions during treatment
• Participate, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in case conferences, especially in ECHO,
staffing, and consultations.
• Maintain updated case files for all DR TB patients and families.
• Counseling for DR TB patients who are having social/family and drug side effects
problems has affected their professional and work lives.
• Counseling and treatment of those DR TB patients who are suffering from depression,
stress, anxiety, etc…
• Participate, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in case of conferences, especially in
ECHO, staffing, and consultations.
• Maintain updated case files for all DR TB patients and families
• Any other tasks assigned by the project
• Graduated from Medical University.
• At least 4 years experience in the clinical management of TB and counseling
• Familiar with DR- TB management
• Familiar with data management and reporting system
• Familiar with computer and MS office
• Ability to work successfully in teams, across a diverse team in a complex environment with
multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
• Strong skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical, and
communication skills in Dari, Pashtu, and English (preferable)
Please send your CV to Recruitment-AF@jhpiego.org. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer