- Salary Offer NTA
- Experience Preferred qualification: Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference ALASP/C-110
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date August 10, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or any other relevant discipline,
About Ministry of urban development and land:
Based on 107 decree dated 1397/9/10 of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afghanistan Land Authority was merged with Ministry of Urban Development and Housing under the name of “Ministry of Urban Development and Land” (MUDL) wherein deputy ministry of land was established under ministry.
The Afghanistan Land Administration Project (ALASP) is designed within a programmatic framework, considering the land administration challenges faced by the country. These challenges create the need to build over time a clearer and comprehensive policy and legal enabling framework, institutional and technical capacity, professional knowledge and experience, technology, and systems, as well as adequate Cadastre and property registry information. Drawing on the overall framework of the IDPL, the project will focus on critical building blocks required to develop a modern land administration system in the country, while allowing MUDL and other relevant stakeholders, including municipalities and local communities, to gain experience in implementing land survey, registration and other land-market-related activities in two of the IDPL’s selected cities, namely Kabul and Herat. Moreover, building upon the work led by UN Habitat, the project will support the issuance of land Occupancy Certificates (OCs) to informal urban population ensuring a systematic approach to land tenure rights. Emphasizing modern technological approaches and global good practices suitable to the Afghan context, subsequent phases would help expand systematic land survey and registration to other urban, and eventually rural areas, as MUDL capacity is strengthened at the provincial level and new land policies and laws are made operational. This would further help decentralize land administration services and build citizens’ trust at the local level. In addition, the transition from deed to title registration will continue as well as the development of national capacity for land survey and valuation. Subsequently, the Land Information System (LIS) would be made fully interoperable with other relevant information systems in the country, leading in time to the eventual establishment of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall undertake the following responsibilities under direct supervision of the OC Provincial Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Support the OC Provincial Manager in developing and implementing a provincial implementation plan outlining responsibilities and coverage of for OC issuance.
- Support the sub-district officer in public outreach community engagement.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the Occupancy Certificate distribution at district and Guzar level.
- Visit the targeted areas/districts/sub-districts and Guzar to monitor OC distribution and oversee the process of OC issuance.
- Hold and participate in awareness-raising meetings at district and Guzar level.
- Maintain and strengthen the Cadastre Territory Unit committee (CTU-C) of each targeted province.
- Cooperate with the sub-district officers on OC related data collection and submission process.
- Supervise and follow up the activities of the field team and review the information collected from the occupants of residential houses and apartments.
- Answer and handle people’s questions and complaints.
- Form conflict resolution councils and get membership in them.
- Support the establishing of GRM at provincial level, receiving complaints, addressing and referring them to relevant government and project departments .
- Follow up and transfer dispute registration forms, complaint forms and public review approval forms to the PRUIS Department of relevant province.
- Support the Beneficiary Identification/Adjudication team in identification of eligible land occupier for OC.
- Required survey data collection from field at Nahia or Gozar level.
- Tariffs Distribution and follow-up in Gozar level to target properties if needed.
- Participate in the district coordination meetings and sharing the meeting minute with PRUIS provincial departments.
- Identify problems and suggest solutions related to the OC process and share with supervisor
- Organize/participate coordination meetings and present OC progress to relevant government institutions at provincial level.
- Identify, control and monitor the daily operational needs of province
- Enhance coordination with sub-district officer to ensure timely delivery of input used for issue of OC.
- Support the Provincial OC Manger in Beneficiary Identification process, conflict resolution, tariffs printing and distribution, and invoicing.
- Prepare district level monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Work closely with Civil Service teams, build their capacity in the related fields, work towards a transition plan before the end of contract and submit to civil servant team.
- Any other tasks as per requirements and delegation of line managers.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or any other relevant discipline,
- Preferred qualification: Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in relevant position(s) in Government/donor-funded projects is an advantage
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures;
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- People Management skills
- Reporting Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Fluent oral and written skills in English;
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari
Qualified and interested Afghan nationals are requested to send their application, including a LETTER OF INTEREST plus PROFISSIONAL CV to email@example.com .
Please mention the POSITION AND VACANCY NUMBER in your email subject and in your cover letter, OTHERWISE the application will not be accepted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for the written test or interview.
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply.