- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary scale
- Address Bagrami and Guldara Districts
- Years of Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration December, 2022
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference District Officer-Kabul-886
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree
- close Date August 12, 2022
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights-based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all our work.
District Officer is responsible to lead the Sub provincial level operations of ActionAid’s Humanitarian operations that has significant workload and accountability. The position directly works with the head of Office in Nangarhar and is responsible for access, engagement with all relevant stakeholders, beneficiary selection and verification and delivery of programmes and inputs for the relevant districts as well as support the head of Office in provincial level work.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibilities 01: Programme Coordination :
- Support the Head of office/Line Manager in managing relationship with Provincial /District Authorities and stakeholders
- Ensure that Beneficiary selection by the data collectors are complies with accountability requirements of ActionAid.
- Conduct verification of a sample of selected beneficiaries
- Conduct PDM exercise
Job Responsibilities 02: Access Management:
- Coordinate with District level Authorities and CDC level Shura members, Community Elders to ground the programme
- Monitor Security and access context in the programme areas
- Communicate and coordinate with Provincial Head of Office and Security Officer at Country Office on any security input.
Job Responsibilities 03: Field level Programme Delivery :
- Ensure that all requirements as per NGO Law and cluster are complied with while beneficiary selection is done
- Lead and coordinate on input delivery to beneficiary in the relevant geographical area
- Manage all field level processes during and after delivery
- Ensure that daily / Weekly / Monthly reporting is submitted to Head of Office / Country Office.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor with 2 year experience .
Technical Skills & Experience
- Past experience in Food Security and Cash Transfers and support in Humanitarian programme delivery
- Past experience in leading and managing relationship with Government at the Provincial and District level
- 2+ exp. years in similar organization
- Knowledge about local context
- Transparency and accountability
- Experience in matrix relationship
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com before August 12th, 2022. Please clearly indicate District Officer-Kabul-886 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.