- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale
- Experience Knowledge/Experience4 years experiences in busines
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 029/023/HR/WEE-RDP
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education A Bachelor Degree from any recognized University in Business Administration (Major in Business Devel
The Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA) was established in 2001 under the Bonn Agreement. Until the third quarter of fiscal year 2020, as a government institution for advocacy and coordination, it was dedicated to plan, implement, and monitor programs within its strategic plan and national and international commitments. With the support of the leadership from the GoIRA, other governmental institutions, and non-governmental organizations, particularly, in the past five years, according to its “activities procedure”, it becomes a policy-making ministry and have brought significant changes in the life of Afghan women.
With the changes in the leadership of the ministry in 2020 and the commitment of the president of the GoIRA, it became an executive institution in addition to policy making. The initial steps to improve the quality and effectively address women’s issues taken to improve its plans and organizational structure through evaluation and consultation with women, domestic and foreign elites considering social, economic, cultural, financial and political aspects. Based on the consultations, a Deputy for Women Economic Empowerment was established in the structure of the Ministry of Women Affairs.
Objectives of the Ministry
The goal(s) of the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA) are effectiveness and quality in all national and local programs, empowerment of women at national level through, participation, coordination, and evaluation for balanced and effective development with national values.
Women Economic Empowerment-Rural Development Project (WEE-RDP) is a flagship national initiative of the GoIRA and part of the Sustainable Economy Growth pillar of MOWA, which intends to increase social and economic empowerment of rural poor women in selected communities during a five-year project. It would work in 5000 villages in all 34 provinces across Afghanistan in close collaboration with Citizen Charter (CC) and assuring convergence with other MoWA projects, NHLP project of MAIL, Access to Finance project (TUP) of World Bank, etc. The project will work closely work with Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) and other stakeholders from financial sector to promote access to finance in selected rural areas.
- The District Officer (DO) will be based at the district and shall manage all activities of Enterprise Development and Market Linkages (EDML) Unit at the district level, which generally includes enterprise development and capacity building activities focused in the district.
- This position is based on the concept of Deliverable Base Services Provider (DBSP) and the salary payment will be made against deliverables performance.
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement EDML Unit’s district plan as per the ToR and achieve the designated deliverables in coordination with District Coordinator (DC) and EDML unit Regional Officer (RO).
- Mobilizing Saving Groups (SGs) and Self-Help Groups( SHGs) members in coordination with Community Mobilization and Institution Development (CMID) and Access to Finance (A2F) Units’ Officers to establish Enterprise Groups (EGs).
- Mobilizing and formation of Producers Associations (PAs) from EGs in the same value chain or production activities which have growth potentials in the district or province.
- Develop business plans, technical feasibility studies, maturity assessments for EGs and PAs.
- Develop and provide capacity building trainings in coordination with DC and RO to the already registered EGs and PAs including book keeping, accounting, marketing, labeling, packaging, product development, inventory management, environmental and social safeguard, on the job training, management, business administration and etc.
- Organizing, arranging and leading exhibitions for EGs and PAs in coordination with DC and RO at district, province and region level.
- Establish market linkages (forward and backward) for sustainable business development of the EGs and PAs.
- Assist EGs and PAs in product development, promotion, packaging and quality improvement.
- Assessment of the EGs and PAs in coordination with DC and RO for catalytic grant.
- Support EGs and PAs in certification, registration and membership with agencies, bodies, federations etc for business capacity building and partnerships.
- Assist and cooperate with A2F unit to solve financial needs of the EGs and PAs
- Assist DC and RO in developing annual, monthly, and weekly work plans for the smooth operation of activities at the district level.
- Regular data collection and updating MIS.
- Assist and cooperate with M&E unit and regularly update M&E data.
- Undertake field visits, assessing situations, providing feedback and necessary support to DC and RO leading towards effective and quality implementation of program for EGs and PAs.
- Regularly monitor and field visit of the EGs and PAs and provide necessary guidance for betterment of their business
- Prepare regular success stories and case studies of EGs and PAs
- Regular reporting to the provincial and main offices
- Perform any other activities given by main/provincial offices
- Knowledge/Experience4 years experiences in business development activities at field level with GoA institution, an NGO, or a development agency in Afghanistan.
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree from any recognized University in Business Administration (Major in Business Development or Marketing), Management and Commerce, Social Science.
- Computer skills (Office)
- Excellent in English (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) required
- Fluency in written and spoken Dari/Pashto
- Experience in training, business development, capacity building, and system set-ups follow-up and monitoring and administrative management will be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and effectively lead a team in a high pressure working environment;
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel in rural areas of Afghanistan.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through in to Vacancies.email@example.com and CC :firstname.lastname@example.org
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to written test you will be required to present the original certificates. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test Note: In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (029/021/HR/WEE-RDP/MoWA) in Subject while applying online. Application without vacancy number will not be accepted.
The Ministry of Women’s Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is highly committed to increase women’s participation in government sector therefore women are highly encouraged to apply.
To: Vacancies.email@example.com-CC: firstname.lastname@example.org