- Salary Offer IRC Salary Scale, Band: B6
- Address Location is based in Kabul and Herat
- Years of Experience 5+ Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 months, extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 29525
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree, Master degree preferred
- close Date August 15, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
The Director of Field Management (DFM) is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). Reporting to the Country Director (CD), the DFM will lead IRC field operations in Afghanistan in close coordination with other members of the SMT and key operations and finance personnel based in Kabul.
The DFM is responsible for ensuring cohesion between programs and operations through a close working relationship with the Director for Programs and Director for Operations.
The DFM advises senior management about programming directions and opportunities, and ensuring that program activities are carried out effectively, efficiently, and safely, in furtherance of objectives as laid out in the Strategic Action Plan and taking into consideration all internal and external factors affecting the operational environment.
- Participate in Senior Management Team (SMT) initiatives including weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings as well as other ad hoc events;
- Develop and lead, in collaboration with SMT colleagues, sub-national management fora to ensure cross sectoral program integration and cross departmental partnership and synergies;
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinators and Coordinators, continually monitor and assess the evolving humanitarian context and needs andchannel these to SMT colleagues
- Represent the IRC externally on behalf of the Country Director in the provinces and ensure the organization is strategically positioned in relevant sub-national UN, NGO and government fora;
- Act as a champion for the Strategic Action Plan (SAP), ensure that all operations and program activities are orientated towards meeting SAP objectives and participate fully in SAP reporting and revisions;
- In partnership with the Director for Program Implementation and the Director for Program Quality, provide leadership and supervisory management of Senior Program Coordinators for the efficient and effective delivery of program commitments through overseeing the development and implementation of tools such as procurements plans, budget versus actual reports, work plans etc.
- Working closely with the Director for Programs, Program Coordinators and the grants team, support program coordinators to ensure comprehensive donor grant management and compliance.
- Work closely with the Director for Partnership in building relationships and facilitating needs for partners in the provinces.
- Working closely with SMT colleagues, ensure that operations (finance, supply chain, HR, IT) are responsive to the needs of programs, are in line with IRC policy /donor regulations and meet the highest compliance standards possible.
- Under the guidance of the Director for Safety, Security and Access, support the Field Coordinators with negotiations with authorities at the provincial level.
- Ensure effective human resource management, in conjunction with relevant colleagues, through responsive supervision and performance management of direct reports and overseeing staffing, leave, performance management planning and roll out across relevant teams.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Champion gender, diversity and inclusion throughout our operations and our programs.
- 5 years + work experience in an operational management role, with several of these being in an international NGO.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Prior and successful experience working within an insecure conflict prone environment.
- Regional experience: knowledge of the context (in experience and expertise) and understating of the culture is essential.
- Strong understanding of Gender, Diversity and Inclusion principles.
- Strong background in Supply Chain, Logistics and Administration.
- Strong finance background in financial management, budget development and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and training skills, ability to work in multi-cultural environments.
- Diverse background in operations, with strong understanding of finance, administration, and logistics.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline