- Salary Offer According to INSO salary scale
- Experience 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 8 months extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AFG -KST-07
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 22, 2021
- Education Graduate level education or equivalent work experience.
About Afghanistan International NGO Safety ORG:
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organization has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognized charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organization provides daily support to more than 930 beneficiary organizations (NGO) in some of the world’s most insecure environments and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has more than 900 employees globally and is active in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.
INSO Southeast region is currently looking for a provincial Field Monitor for Ghazni province. The candidates are required to be resident in the province and possess an understanding of the current situation relevant to NGO and humanitarian safety.
Provides NGOs with credible information and contextual analysis of the local and regional security situation.
· Responsible for writing comprehensive weekly reports (in English) on the provincial and regional situation as it relates to NGO safety
· Gather and verify data around incidents and trends which affect NGO operations and programming
· Producing daily incident reports, threat warnings and facilitating weekly NGO meetings in his/her region of responsibility.
· Liaise closely with NGOs, the UN, and other sources (e.g. journalists, civil society etc.) to obtain security information.
· Must pro-actively maintain and/or develop a wide professional contact network in all South Eastern provinces, and eventually all districts within those provinces.
· Partly responsible for the management of the regional INSO office. This includes supervising, often remotely, field monitors.
· Must be available ‘on-call’ to handle any emergency or urgent information that directly affects the safety of the humanitarian NGO community
· When authorised, will represent INSO at a regional level in bilateral and multilateral meetings, working groups and sessions
Prepared to undertake short, but frequent, field visits to the provinces.
· Prepared to attend conferences and visits to INSO HQ in Kabul, and also in other INSO field offices (Nangarhar, Kandahar, Mazar-e Sharif, Kunduz and Herat) as required.
· Assist the Safety Advisor in preparing analysis
· Provide English-Pashto interpretation competencies when required
· Places NGO safety (including INSO’s own) at the heart of everything we do.
1. Experience working with NGO’s.
2. Security experience.
3. Program and staff coordination/management experience.
4. Excellent spoken and written English
5. Critical analytical ability, based on empirical evidence
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Minimum of 3 years professional work experience
8. Able to read maps and use communications equipment (e.g. VHF radio and satellite phones)
9. Computer skills and knowledge of Windows XP and Office programs—especially MS Excel, MS WinWord.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (including credible, professional reference contact details), educational and work certificates to:
INSO HQ Office Address:
Kabul: House No 338- Street, No 6 Taimani Road.