- Salary Offer Grade (C) Step (3-8) NTA Salary Scale
- Experience 3 Years relevant
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages English, Dari
- Reference 23689
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 19, 2022
- Education Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economy or similar fields and MBA degree is preferable
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Program Implementation and Quality Assurance – Provide leadership to and oversight of program staff charged with implementing programs in area of responsibility.
- (Leadership role) Coordinate the execution and collection of needs assessments and then participate in proposal development processes in cooperation with Program Coordinators/Technical Advisors. This should include contributing to and reviewing budgets to ensure that they are reasonable and sufficient and regular monitoring Spending plans both on operations as well as program side through BvA system and support directs for in time planning and spending.
- (Leadership role) Work closely with Project Managers/Program Coordinators to ensure that the objectives of all projects are attained efficiently in accordance with the approved budget and timelines. Proactively identify implementation delays and challenges and work with Program Managers and Coordinators/Advisors in developing and ensuring the delivery of corrective actions,
- (Supporting role) Support Program Coordinators/Advisors in the oversight of program quality through regular field visits and the facilitation of Program Quality Assurance (PQA) visits, contributing to and supporting the delivery of Corrective Action Plans/Program Quality Improvement Plans as required.
- (Supporting role) Work in collaboration with the Deputy Director Operations and Programs, and Program Coordinators to assure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are maintained and program implementation is consistently documented in line with IRC standards in Paktya Province.
- Efficiency and Accountability within Support Services – Coordinate the provision of efficient and effective support services to all IRC programs within the provinces. Foster good planning practices and a high level of collaboration between programmatic and support service departments. Provide regular/timely feedback and recommendations on operational issues to the Deputy Director Operations to ensure corrective measures are put in place and good practices are upheld. Manage fields operating budget and grant budgets according to the appropriate IRC and Donor requirements; make timely recommendations for necessary amendments/re-alignments, extensions.
- Staff Recruitment and Development – Coordinate the recruitment of all staff based in areas of responsibility, ensuring that orientation is made available in the short term, as well as long-termperformance management support. Lead the process of setting a clear set of objectives within the first two weeks of new staff joining, in conjunction with the Program Coordinators. Lead the process of performance evaluations development, ensuring through close collaboration with Program Coordinators that they are conducted on time. Take the lead on ensuring that the supervision of program staff is coordinated and fully harmonized with the Program Coordinators. Work in in collaboration with the HR department in Kabul on a staff development strategy that will allow them to perform to their potential.
- Representation, Coordination and Planning – Meet regularly with local authorities and communities to foster good will and support for all project activities in all three provinces. Establish good rapport with local administrative, labour, customs, immigration, and other officials to ensure that the IRC project conforms to local laws and customs and to minimize bureaucratic restraints on projects implementation. Also, to effectively communicate IRC-A Humanitarian approach and principles to the local community, stakeholders and local government for better cooperation and projects implementation in the areas. Effective communication and information sharing with Country Office Operations and Programs on any issues require their attention and expertise in timely manner. Be able to travel to other IRC sites offices to share and work with other Managers/Coordinators on more effective way for better centralization of working mechanism.
- Safety and Security Management – Assume overall responsibility for the security and safety of staff and assets within the areas of responsibility (field and district offices in three provinces). Monitor security situation in liaison with ANSO and other national and international organizations including liaison with local communities. Establish and maintain relationship with key-stakeholders (elders, tribal representatives, etc) within communities where IRC operates. To plan and submit ahead of time field movements weekly plan to the country Security Coordinator for his review and prior approval for all three provinces. Be more active in establishing contexts wise security and safety assessment and information sharing that can be more beneficial to the smooth implementation of projects across the fields.
- Professional Conduct – In cooperation with the Country Director, play a key role in planning and rolling out of training and adherence to “The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct” Ensure any violations of the “The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct” are duly reported.
- At least 3 years in a Program/Operations management position with significant supervision experience (experience with an international NGO in a similar position an advantage)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economy or similar fields and MBA degree is preferable
- Extensive experience implementing programs in Afghanistan with a demonstrated knowledge of both humanitarian and post conflict programming.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities: programs, operations, logistics, security, finance, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and possesses strong communication skills.
- Having functional/job related knowledge of financial management
- Familiarity of IRC and donors (US government, European, UN) policies and regulations and compliance with all set forth rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring / capacity building of staff and commitment to staff training and development.
- Be able to travel to other sites for support when assigned by the direct line manager
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills.
- Good communication and report writing skills essential.
- Strongly support gender balance and gender oriented
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Flexibility and proven team player with ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other organisations.
- To have extensive knowledge of the context security, the security and safety management in general
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgement
- To have the skills in reaching Supervisor and other Senior Management Team Member for any support s/he may require improving the working mechanism.
- Computer skills: MS Office package and Internet.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and knowledge of local languages is essential.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul, Street No.3 Qala e Fathullah District 10, Beside the Fatima Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline