- Salary Offer As per organization Scale
- Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year - Possibility of Extention
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 0122-02
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 22, 2022
- Education Bachelor - (Stomatology)
About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is an INGO which was founded in 2006 and works in Afghanistan, Myanmar, and the Middle East to revive traditional skills to create jobs, skills and a renewed sense of pride and to support communities with health and
The charity has set up the Institute for Arts and Architecture in Kabul, the first internationally accredited vocational institution of its kind in Central Asia, training hundreds of artisans. The institute sits amongst over a hundred private houses and is surrounded by a community that is served by a clinic and primary school that were established as part of the regeneration of Murad Khani in Kabul’s old city.
Turquoise Mountain recognizes the value in a holistic approach that integrates health, education, and livelihoods and which provides assistance not just to artisans but also to the wider community. Turquoise Mountain’s Ferozkoh Family Health Clinic (FFHC) has been a significant element in the restoration of Murad Khani in Kabul. FFHC is an urban clinic offering community-oriented primary health care and training in family medicine. It specializes in maternal-child health and community health outreach. Its’ mission is to develop a model of urban primary healthcare that is sustainable, affordable, accessible, continuous, comprehensive, and integrated with other health services in Kabul.
We seek to establish the FFHC as a model family clinic and an example of best practice. To do this, we are looking for a highly qualified, experienced, committed, and visionary individual who is able to deliver on the requirements of this position and meet the minimum assessment criteria.
- Recognizes first work priority is to FFHC and its reputation and patients.
- Provide dental services to the male and female patients.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities and plan appropriate.
- Formulate plan of treatment for patient’s teeth and mouth tissue.
- Design, make, and fit prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for dentists and dental technicians.
- Diagnose and treat disease, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral strictures to provide preventive and corrective services.
- Bleach, clean or polish teeth to restore natural colour.
- Plan, organize and maintain dental health programs.
- Clean and repairing teeth, extracting teeth, when necessary, fitting crowns and administering anaesthesia prior to dental procedures.
- Referring patients to the relevant dental specialists when required.
- Maintain sterile techniques, cleanliness and sanitation at all time
- Practice professionalism at all time
- Perform common dental OPD procedures.
- Maintain patient’s dental records.
- Managing budgets and maintaining stocks of equipment.
- Ensure good coordination and communication and team work.
- Respects all rules and regulation of the Ferozkoh Family Health Clinic (FFHC).
- Perform any other tasks or duties assigned by the FFHC Managing Director.
- Holding bachelor’s degree (Stomatology).
- At least 5 years of experience in dentistry managing or working in a dental clinic.
- Good relational and interpersonal skills
- A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork
- Fluent in Afghan Local Languages and good in written and spoken of English.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 22 January 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0122-02” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.