- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference DUA-22-LSD-01
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 8, 2022
About Dunya University:
Dunya University of Afghanistan is an international university in Afghanistan with a distinctive faculty of different nationalities, of which the majority are European or North American. Dunya University is known favorably for its contribution to the private and public sectors in Afghanistan.
Conferences and seminars are regularly organized with very high-level speakers, to enable students to blend theory and practice.
The Faculty follows the vision of Dunya University which is built collectively by Senior Management, the Board of Trustees, managerial staff, full-time and visiting faculty, local advisors, and student representatives.
Dunya University introduced the accreditation system in Afghanistan and is the first university which were accredited by ACBSP and IACBE.
Dunya University is authorized and recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by ACBSP and IACBE.
Dunya University is composed of four faculties spread on two campuses: Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Political Science, Faculty of Law and Political Science, and Faculty of Computer Science. It offers bachelor programs in all faculties and master programs in the Faculty of Economics.
Dunya University has received a distinction for its student and faculty selection process. This is an important element in defining and maintaining a high level of quality. Students find employment very rapidly.
Database Analyst position with Dunya University
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using specialist tools to extract the data needed for database and application development.
- Modeling and simulation of the required database system to meet the organizational requirements.
- Database model implementation and problem troubleshooting.
- Working with complex queries and database integration in advance level.
- Responding to data-related queries and keeping track of these analyzing data to identify trends.
- Setting up processes and systems to make working with data more efficient
- Researching new ways for finding best solutions to daily problem.
- Coding for producing reports and charts communicating trends within data to non-specialists.
- Using Laravel for designing and creating web apps and services including the application integrations in advance level.
- Presenting information generated from data to clients and managers.
- Familiar with development languages such PHP (Laravel, Bootstrap, and related required tool)
- Designs and implements secure, efficient, and accurate databases.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices.
- Ensures that databases are designed to meet specifications and requirements at the lowest possible costs.
- Ensures that database projects are completed on time and within estimated costs.
- Assists Senior Database officer and identifies and resolves production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
- Gathers, organizes, and interprets statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, upper management.
- Working with complex database and related database management system.
- Identifying data sources and checking back-end to make sure that databases are coded cleaned.
- Collecting data, sourcing missing data and Organizing data in to usable formats
- Developing, implementing and maintaining databases
- Assessing quality of data and removing or cleaning data
- Digitalizing all DUA’s and DPHS’s System
- Data expert for migrating data from existing applications and database environments to new architecture
- Modify databases as needed
- Work with software developers to establish best practices for database storage and organization
- Develop technical, functional documentation, and user guides complying with audit requirements
- Support training development for all levels of the organization as required
- Master’s degree in computer science 3 years of experience in database design, development or administration or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5+ years of relevant data processing, systems analysis/design.
- Excellent skill in communicating orally and in writing
- Strong ability to carry out research and innovation
- Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of systems and software development lifecycles; application integration techniques; and relational database design
- Experience in creating rich user interface web designs
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills.
- Expert in Laravel V.9 Frame work
- Intermediate understanding of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and SAP.
- Understanding of reporting & data visualization tools such as Business Objects and Tableau.
- Programming languages: PHP, Node JS, Typescript
- Presentation skills – ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the Letter of Interest and Update CV to (email@example.com) and mentioning the position title and vacancy number (DUA-22-LSD-01) in the subject of their email before closing date 08 August 2022