- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Work Experience: Experience working for minimum 2 years with NGOS in database relevant jobs
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 4 Months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KRO-WASH-015
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Software Engineer
- close Date August 14, 2022
About Kandahar Refugee Organization (KRO):
Knowledge and Rehabilitation Organization (KRO)
Knowledge and Rehabilitation Organization (KRO) is a national level, non-political, non-profitable, non-governmental organization working for humanitarian and rehabilitation roots in Afghanistan. KRO is an Afghan organization that is committed to the development of the local economy and building local capacity for sustainable development.
The incumbent’s duties will be the overall data management and coordination as well as sharing WASH program data in line with prevailing UNICEF rules and procedures as well as with due respect given to the KRO internal control framework, plus to the relevant stakeholders.
- Determine the primary data and information elements that are required internally and externally to support the project
- Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools
- Understand, document, and ensure the quality of high-value data for accuracy, consistency and comparability
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis and design and implement sustainable information management and dissemination systems for data collections
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Propose and implement upgrades to the database webpage, data entry and data storing systems
- Revise the guidelines of using database ensuring clarity and explicitly in terms of using the database and provide visual guidelines
- Contribute new ideas for improving the design and the data engine, quality and timeliness of current issues. Develop ways of communicating messages and transforming it into web-based products.
- Coordinate the development of an integrated data management system that will enable streamlined collection and processing of received data from several institutions
- Coordinate the process of development and maintenance of the Data Base (DB) to ensure regular and timely reporting
- Administration of the Project WEB site and mobile applications
- Developing and compiling of Weekly and Monthly Reports.
- Leadership and technical guidance, including initiating innovative solutions
- Produce and update information products such as maps, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline as well as support strategic and operational decision-making
- Support the project manager with producing reporting templates and procedures as well as reports, such as situation reports and briefing papers for partners, other UN agencies, head offices, government, donors and other stakeholders
- Revise the method of correspondence and communication between data management staff and external stakeholders
- Participate in training workshops meetings project events held in any provinces.
- Visit project sites and monitor all activities
- Respect and adore all policies of KRO including but not limited to; code of conduct, PSEA, Child Protection and Anti-Fraud and Conflict of Interest Policies
- Maintain 100% transparency and accountability
NOTE: Selected candidate will be subjected to background checks with regards to Child Protection and PSEA policy breaches during their past employments.
Bachelor’s degrees or computer science is preferred.
Experience working for minimum 2 years with NGOS.
Working knowledge of English(Must) , Dari and Pashto
Sound decision making and organizational skills
Proficiency in MS Office and database software
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to Vacancies@kro.org.af with the subject line clearly indicating the position and vacancy number you are applying for.