- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience • 1-2 years experience working in remote communities’ Basic level of English reading and writing skills. Comfortable using electronic data devices and uploading information online
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Medair_NIL_AFG105
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education • High school graduate
Medair is an international humanitarian organization established in 1988. Medair has been operating in Afghanistan since 1996 with programmes mainly in the Health, Water & Sanitation, and Livelihoods sectors with significant reconstruction activities in remote areas. Current projects are Water & Sanitation, Food Security, & Disaster Risk Reduction.
Medair is implementing an integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food Security project in Daykundi Province. Medair’s multisector project seeks to provide integrated emergency response for drought-affected communities in the Central Highlands of Afghanistan.
To carry out CTP (Food Security) activities as directed by the CTP (Food Security) Supervisor
- Communicate clearly and effectively with beneficiaries, local leaders and project team.
- Respectfully interview families for sensitive information.
- Collect and submit family data on electronic tablets.
- Problem solves in communication, data collection and submission with team members.
- Oversee correct paperwork associated with cash distributions.
- To uphold Medair values and to contribute to the wellbeing of the team as an active member
- To adhere strictly to Medair National Staff Regulations
- To adhere strictly to Medair Security Plan and the SOPs relevant to this role.
To conduct all Medair activities honestly and to report any issues to the line manager or a member of the Medair management team
- To be flexible and willing to assist in other areas of work as requested by the line manager
- Help ensure the safety of the staff in the field and inform the line manager or Manager of any development related to security in the field
1. Project implementation
- Meet local leaders to identify communities impacted by drought affected
- Represent Medair to the community, exhibiting Medair values, humanitarian principles and commitment to service.
- Assist in undertaking confidential household assessments using electronic tablets to identify target families for support.
- Assist in cash distributions, ensuring all records are correctly filled out and submitted to finance officers.
- Foster productive communication and coordination with the project team.
- Ensure good community relations and resolve any issues or report them to the CTP (Food Security) Supervisor or Project Manager to address.
- Ensure beneficiary accountability is carried out and report any feedback to the Project Manager.
- Make weekly and monthly progress reports on the training program and provide this to the CTP (Food Security) Supervisor.
- Co-ordinate with other team members over the use of Medair assets such as training materials and vehicles.
- In co-ordination with the wider project team, develop and maintain relationships with local authorities and NGO’s on site, ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
2. Financial management:
- To manage finances according to all Medair financial procedures
3. Security Management:
- To adhere to the security guidelines employed by Medair on site, en-route, and help ensure all security procedures are followed.
- Actively gather and provide security information from local authorities & other NGOs in the project area.
- High school graduate
- 1-2 years experience working in remote communities’ Basic level of English reading and writing skills. Comfortable using electronic data devices and uploading information online
- Fluent in Dari; both written and spoken
- Good in spoken English
- Computer literate
Interested applicants should forward their https://form.123formbuilder.com/4881255/form
by not later than 27th July 2021
For technical questions only, please message email@example.com
“Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staffs are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices”