- Salary Offer As per organization salary skill
- Years of Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Contract Is Open Ended
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Country Compliance Manager (CCM)
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree (minimum)
- close Date January 31, 2023
About National Bank of Pakistan:
National Bank of Pakistan, Kabul Afghanistan Operations:
National Bank of Pakistan as Pakistan’s premier bank is determined to setting the highest standards of achievement. NBP is currently 75% owned by the Government of Pakistan and places special emphasis on fostering economic growth through a broad-based lending policy and a wide range of product & services especially trade finance offered through its large network of branches both, Locally and Internationally.
National Bank of Pakistan, Afghanistan operations is the first ever foreign bank in Afghanistan Since 2003.
- To carry out all functions as required under the global compliance policy and local regulations as applicable to Compliance Officers and will not be assigned any other tasks which may create conflict of interest
- To be the main point of contact with local regulators and the bank. including during examinations
- To prepare and update policies (where required) and related procedures for local or global policies related to regulatory compliance, AML (including all financial crimes) and sanctions compliance.
- To maintain MIS of policies. Procedures. manuals and product program of the branch
- To ensure timely dissemination of pertinent regulatory updates to the branch management and ensuring amendments to related compliance requirements are documented and implemented by the deadline
- To conduct routine follow-ups for the progress on development of controls and implementation of the updates and escalate gaps.
- To provide guidance/advisory to branch management and or interpretation of regulations, applicable laws and other Compliance matters
- To test processes and procedures on a risk basis to identity gaps report gaps to the relevant stakeholders and monitor corrective action plans/deadlines.
- To develop the branch’s Internal Risk Assessment Report (IRAR)
- To ensure compliance related training plan is developed and imparted to all staff per the schedule Co ensure annual FATCA & CRS reporting, as applicable, is prepared and filed on time
- To ensure timely submission of compliance related data/returns to regulator where I applicable
- To ensure branch CCM are organized as per TORs
- To develop/implement/update the branch compliance program
- To review and oversight quality of transaction monitoring alert dispositioning. name screening alert dispositioning, ask-based KYCICOD/EDD process
- To report compliance breaches in regulatory inspections I examinations and Internal Control reviews to Head Office
- To update Head Office compliance group on notices of upcoming regulatory inspections/examinations, meetings with regulators/law enforcement agencies penalties levied & other high-risk gaps
- To timely submit all Head Office compliance reports and respond to all queries in a timely manner
- To prepare six (6) monthly reports for the management and the board covering Compliance risk and regulator/ gaps
- To report conflicts between compliance requirements of home and host countries to Head Office
- Strong knowledge of standard compliance practices and ability to apply them.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive compliance program for a bank with its implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
- Good IT, risk management skills and experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Afghan banking law and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have high ethical standards and integrity in both their personal and professional dealings.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Supervising compliance related activities & monitoring compliance plan.
Coordination with Head Office Compliance Group, Management and Government bodies
- Bachelor’s degree or B.Sc. Honors in Accounting, Law, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce and Economics or having membership in ACCA — Preferably Master’s Degree.
- Professional ACAMS certification is required.
- Other Professional certification, having other certificates beside ACAMS such as CIA / CBA / CPA / CISA / CFE / ACCA is preferred.
At least Five years managerial experience in related field or, 5 years of managerial experience in financial firms comparable to banks
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep email@example.com in Cc before the closing date. Applications that do not keep firstname.lastname@example.org in Cc will not be considered.
Appointment on this position is subject to Da Afghanistan Bank’s interview and Approval.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please indicate the position title in the Subject Line (CCM)
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. The eligible candidates are required to submit their applications with CV before 31st Jan 2023. Verified educational documents will be requested before interview process
To: email@example.com — Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org