- Salary Offer Based on ACTED's salary scale
- Experience At least 5 years continuous practice in a similar position with at least 3 years in an HR Supervisor/management position
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference KBL_008
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 20, 2022
- Education Master Degree with professional qualification in HR
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
The Country Admin/HR Manager is responsible for ACTED Administration and Human resources (staff management, recruitments, filing and training organization in-country).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration Management:
- Draft/prepare all administrative letters.
- Prepare all Administrative Documents such as internal notes, regulation, memos etc;
- Follow & Prepare letters/documents in order to solve all ACTED requirement with governmental offices and NGOs;
- Follow up of Legal-related issues, in coordination with the lawyer (Mission registration, Professional license, Work permit (internationals) etc.)
- Supervise the Liaison officer activities and support him in his/her work;
- Ensure compliance of ACTED to legal requirements of the country;
- Management of ACTED premises lease & ensure contract or updated and renewed for each premises;
- Manage the guests in GH and set regular follow up/management regarding payment with Finance.
- Manage the ACTED office and GH
- Ensure that ACTED offices work in accordance with ACTED Management Guidelines and the Labour Code of the country;
- Human Resources Management
II. I. National Staff:
- Management of staff in Capital Office & ACTED bases in country level.
- Management of public holidays & keeping informed all bases/staff (national/International).
- Control & checking attendance sheet of staff and arrangement of monthly (Titanic) report for salary payments;
- Ensure on time arrival and departure time of staff in Capital office with strong monitoring of attendance sheet;
- Ensure all staff (national & international) have comprehensive ToRs;
- Follow up of staff appraisal form with relevant department managers;
- Management of Award and or disciplinary action to staff as per ACTED HR Manual & after approval of Country Director;
- Maintain all International staff’s records, passport and visas, contracts, boarding pass and tickets for Administrative & security reasons.
- Management/Follow up of staff leaves – supervise his/her team to provide necessary forms for staff, while needed;
- Follow up of ACTED HR standards templates in line with ACTED HR Manual/internal regulations
II. II. International Staff:
- Management of International staffs issue with direct contact with HQ Paris.
- Ensure each new international staff received briefing of mission (FLAT, Security, Programs, custom/tradition as well as additional useful information)
- Ensure each new international staff filled & submitted “Settle in at ACTED Form” in first days of arrivals
- Follow up of International staff Appraisal forms with Area Coordinators and Country Director
- Manage the presence of ACTED International staff in Capital GH and communicate with logistic dept. to provide necessary requirements (food, bed clothes, towels, kitchen hygiene materials etc)
- Supervise the work of Cook/Cleaners in Office and GH;
- Titanic Follow up
III. I. National Staff:
- Titanic Monthly Report Follow up:
- Staff list/Staff Changes report to be collected from field not later than 20th of each month
- Staff Costs report to be collected from field not later than 25th of each month
- Titanic report consolidation/approved report to be sent to field for salary payment not later than 28th of each month
- Titanic report signed hard copy & Titanic support documents to be collected from field not later than 1st week of N+ month
- Control the Staff cost in ACTED bases and country level with direct cross check with Finance Controller or Finance Manager
- Review and update the national staff grade, salary & position to be in accordance with country approved salary grid.
- Send Consolidated Country HR Titanic to HQ not later than 1st week of N+ of each month.
- Organize field visit to cross check Admin/HR documents with software reports of field on quarterly basis to ensure transparency and accuracy as well as relevant department proper set up;
III. II. International Staff:
- Prepare the International staff presence table and Paid Leave table follow up and send it on a monthly basis to HQ HR dept.
- Support HQ HR on provision of required documents linked with International staff (up on request)
- IV.I. International Staff Recruitments:
The international staff recruitments will be followed by Country Director with HQ.
- IV.II. National Staff Recruitments/contracts follow up:
- Prepare vacancy announcements for National staff in ACTED Afghanistan and follow with offices inside Afghanistan the recruitment process as per monthly Titanic report planning;
- Cross check with Finance to ensure budget is available for new recruitments;
- Ensure that ToRs are prepared by line manager prior to release the vacancy announcement;
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by “Recruitment Committee” prior short listing;
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear short list for successful candidates to attend for Interview(s)
- Ensure that Admin. Assist. collects all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in ACTED HR Manual;
- Ensure to check successful candidate “Reference Check” prior to offer the position;
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information with the signature of the 3 guarantors, “recruitment package” etc.)
- Check the funding allocation with Finance, recommendation of line manager in the staff appraisal while planning the renewal of staff contracts.
- V.I. General Filing:
- Create Standard ACTED Admin/HR filing system (include official correspondences, premises contracts, governmental tax follow up, recruitment process documents etc);
- V.II. Personal Folders:
Create thorough personal folders system for both, National & International staff;
Ensure that Admin assist. follows staff personal folder relevant documents on 1st week of N+ month from field and capital;
Ensure that the personal folder database have been updated by Admin assist. on regular basis;
- Capacity Building:
A general database with direct consultation of line mangers (Head of dept. Area FLAT, Program Managers and Area Coordinators to be updated for Country Director approval. This list will contain (list of staff, working period, performances evaluation and required training).
VI.I. Internal Training:
Conduct review and survey of staff performances (based on staff appraisals) with direct contact of line managers to identify requirement/needs for training;
Organize regular training for staff based on requirement, confirmation of line managers and approval of Country Director;
Brief Training for all new International/national staff on ACTED system, procedures, code of conduct and internal regulation.
VI.II. External Training:
- Search various sources (websites, newspapers, education trainings centres) to introduce staff for short terms courses & training;
- Contact with line manager, program managers, area FLAT and Area Coordinator to revise the list and update database;
- Ensure that “External Training Request Form” is filled by relevant staff, cost determined & Finance validated the available budget cost prior to present for CD’s approval;
- Organize regular training for staff based on requirement, confirmation of line managers and approval of Country Director;
- Educated to Degree level, with professional qualification in HR
- At least 5 years continuous practice in a similar position with at least 3 years in an HR Supervisor/management position.
- Experience in development and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems and mainstreaming gender equality in in all HR process.
- Proficient in HRIS (Human Resources information systems).
- Direct experience of organizing emergency /large scale recruitment.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building
- Fluent speaking in English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills, culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with multicultural team
- Previous experience leading country office in HR fragile setting is added advantage
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will received after closing date.