- Salary Offer Based on Organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 4 years
- Number of Vacancies: 4
- Contract Duration Fixed-term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0057/MAPWO/YALBE-Counselor
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date February 26, 2024
About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
MAPWO needs 2 Counsellors to be based in Wardak and Paktika provinces. Professionals with a degree in psychology who will be hired to address both the psychological and social needs of learners and literacy facilitators.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for:
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to learners and facilitators as appropriate to the position.
- Collects data of the learners and facilitators through interviews, case histories, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Provides casework management of a specialized caseload, as appropriate to the requirements of the individual position.
- Follow up to determine the reliability and validity of recommended ways.
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework.
- Participates in the review of program policies and procedures.
- Participates in training sessions and workshops to enhance treatment skills.
- Provide individual and group psychosocial care to Learners and Facilitators in the targeted areas;
- Ensure professional psychological assessment and support for all Learners in the targeted districts and closely monitor and document the psychological recovery of the cases;
- Produce and maintain accurate records of the beneficiaries’ cases keep all case documents protected and confidential;
- Provide referral of beneficiaries for additional assistance as needed to internal and external service providers such as the Ministry of Public Health
- Engage with families of beneficiaries in conflict with the law in discussions around their rights and mental and social well-being;
- Provide on-site in-service training to project personnel on psychosocial health as part of a continuum of care;
- To raise awareness and give psycho-education within the MAPWO and if needed on a community level;
- Perform other relevant duties as needed or requested
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in psychology and law, human rights, education, social science, or relevant field.
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years experience with Master’s Degree, and 4 years with a Bachelor’s Degree in psychosocial support, counseling, legal support, community mobilization, community development, government relations, and field-level coordination
- Good Coordination and Communication Skills
- Team player
- Commitment to MAPWO rule and procedure
- Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Able to handle pressure and workload
- Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
- LANGUAGES:Fluency in both Dari and Pashto languages is a must; a good understanding of English is also required.
- GEOGRAPHY: Based in Wardak and Paktika provinces, will need to travel regularly to districts and villages of their respective districts and visit project sites and classes.
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (Wardak OR Paktika Counsellor) Vacancy Number: 0057/MAPWO/YALBE-Counselor to:
Well-qualified female candidates will be given preference.