- Years of Experience Experience of good communication
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 3
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference S04615
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Completion of secondary school education or equal experiences
- close Date October 11, 2023
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 191-member National Societies (NSs). The overall aim of IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by NSs with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegations and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
Prepare lunch and Ensure kitchen room, equipment, tools and lunchroom has clean from dust and hygienic everyday.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carried out necessary shopping and food items in agreement with the admin and maintenance officer in the Office.
- Enhanced safe hygienic conditions in all kitchen room
- Well managed lunch during big gathering, training workshops and other planned events as per given direction from the line supervisor
- Manage his/her own workload as usual
- Washing floor of kitchen room as appropriate
- Kept clean lunchroom
- Well receive guest and visitor
- To deliver administrative/operative duties in accordance with clear and detailed procedures in order to provide a high-quality service.
- To respond to routine internal/external enquiries from the ARCS or external parties.
Security and administration
- Carry out tasks in this area as delegated by the HoD, Security Manager and report to Security Manager regarding any security related incidents or relevant information.
- To maintain positive working relationships with ARCS partners.
- Support development to ARCS.
- Completion of secondary school education or equal experiences
- Experience of good communication
- 3 years’ work experience with the humanitarian organizations
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience
- Other essential experience
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Good English spoken
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari and Pushto)
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners
Competencies, Values and Comments
A high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; flexibility; imitative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience