- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional c
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference R857
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date November 6, 2021
- Education Secondary School Certificate of Education preferred.
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The objective of the Cook position will be to provide cooking’s for MSH field staff as per menu provided.
- Prepare meals (Lunch) for staff during official hours.
- provide quality catering services, which meet the needs of care of staff and the operational requirements of the MSH.
- Clean up kitchen and dining room after Lunch.
- Prepare ingredients for meals such as: wash vegetables, chop season vegetables & meat, etc.
- Prepare oven, utensils, and grill for meal preparation.
- Assist the Operations to organize events and meetings.
- Follow food health and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Store all food properly.
- Keep record and reorder stock and food supplies related to kitchen.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Help with Cleaner to maintain office clean
- Any Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Secondary School Certificate of Education preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional cook position.
- Experience working in an environment similar or closely related to INGO type of work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKLLS:
- Knowledge of food health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of recipes and the ability to follow recipe instructions.
- Good ethical conduct
- Medically fit
- No criminal record
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.