- Salary Offer As per Company salary scale
- Address Afghanistan-based and Remote
- Years of Experience Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in managing and conducting research, monitoring & evaluation, and/or data analysis and reporting
- Number of Vacancies: 20
- Contract Duration Long-term, assignment-based
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 163
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master’s degree or other advanced degrees in any relevant field
- close Date August 20, 2022
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is an international development consulting firm that specializes in using research, evaluation, and management consulting to promote more prosperous economies and more resilient societies in underdeveloped, fragile states with a particular focus on post-conflict environments.
We collaborate with governments, global aid and development organizations, and corporations to make international development more effective, efficient, and sustainable – for the people.
AACS Consulting is looking for qualified subject matter experts who will work on assignment and project basis in one or more projects of the company based on his/her expertise and qualification. The experts must have a rich background in conducting and leading research, monitoring, and evaluation, and assessment projects in Afghanistan and/or other post-conflict and fragile countries in one or more of the following areas:
Displacement & Migration
Food Security and Nutrition
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
Public Policy and Law
Economy & Development
Data Analysis & Reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for each consultancy assignment may vary; however, the following are the generic duties and responsibilities that the experts can expect that would be undertaking if hired.
- Take the lead in managing and delivering specific parts of the projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing and developing client relationships;
- Develop a wide range of appropriate project plans, research and M&E tools for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
- Ensure timely collection, analysis, and dissemination of high-quality data through efficient utilization of available sources; put in place a robust data quality assurance mechanism and conduct regular data quality assessments;
- Prepare professional, high-quality daily, monthly, quarterly and final reports for high-level audiences;
- Lead and assist in the design and development of data collection tools;
- Carry out high-quality research and draft superior quality research reports;
- Provide technical assistance and training to the AACS Consulting staff to design, improve and manage projects implementation processes;
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques and other technical evaluation and analysis tasks conducted under the contract;
- Ensure the adequacy of data collection instruments, the feasibility of data collection plans, the timely collection of data (including surveyors), and the quality of data collected, analyzed, and reported to AACS Consulting clients;
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and report writing.
- Undertake other duties specified and assigned based on each consultancy assignment.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s degree or higher advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in research, survey and/or M&E
- Experience in external and client relations;
- Experience and advanced knowledge of KoBo, ODK, and/or SurveyCTO tools
- Advanced knowledge of SPSS, STATA, and/or ATLAS.ti
- Excellent report writing skills
Fluency in Dari and Pashto; advanced level of spoken and written proficiency in English
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and consistently with team members, clients and partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork ethics, managerial and collaborative skills
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs in word format to email@example.com immediately before August 20, 2022.
- These are Afghanistan-based and Remote positions.
- Please mention the position and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (Consultant–AACS-VA-163); otherwise, your application may not be considered.