- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 4 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Consultant, Rheumatologist (FMIC/HR/367)
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 20, 2022
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
- Diagnosing and treating arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles, and bones.
- Conduct research to determine the causes and find better treatments for helping your patients fight and overcome disabling and often fatal diseases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Treating rheumatic conditions such as arthritis, back pain, and osteoporosis.
- Studying symptoms and evaluating effects on the immune system.
- Designing tailored treatment plans.
- Assessing joint-related conditions.
- Evaluating lab results and other advanced tests.
- Providing recommendations for treatments.
- Advising on further examinations.
- Creates treatment modalities based on scientific research
- Treats arthritis, autoimmune diseases, pain disorders affecting joints, and osteoporosis
- Treats over 200 other types of diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, gout, back pain, tendinitis, and osteoporosis
- Treats soft tissue problems related to musculoskeletal systems and sports related soft tissue disorders
- Diagnosing diseases of the joints
- Studies signs and symptoms of rheumatic disease and evaluates it effect on their system
- Designs customized and individualized treatments, depending on a patient’s disease
- Studies and gauges the results of a patient’s lab tests
- Uses technologies and tools like radiographs, MRIs, and ultrasound
- Adhere to laws and regulations of the FMIC Hospital
- Align with goals and objectives of department/ Organization.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all FMIC rules and regulation.
- Take part in teaching and academic activities of Senior/Medical Officers regularly.
- Assure quality of care
- Assure continuity of care 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure to apply all IPSG standards and monitoring standards performing by team
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Any other tasks/assignment given by direct supervisor
- Conducting CMEs inside & outside of FMIC for sharing knowledge and information
- Participating in clinical forums and workshops
- Develop and maintain clinical pathways and protocols
Qualification and requirements:
- Medical Degree from a recognized university
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- Fellowship in Rheumatology
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required):
- Excellent patient management skills and patient-oriented approach
- Be able to explain medical conditions to patients in clear and straightforward terms without medical jargon
- Ability to work under difficult working conditions
- Be a good team player
- Having good time management skill
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skill and good communication skill in Dari, Pashto and English languages
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email email@example.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.