- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 4 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Consultant, Endocrinologist (FMIC/HR/369)
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 20, 2022
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
Treating patients with problems with glands. Analyzing, examining, and investigating patients and their medical histories for signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine patients, study their medical records and provide diagnosis
- Analyzing, examining, and investigating patients and their medical histories for signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalances
- Execute physical exams
- Provide medical solutions for treating a diverse range of diseases and disorders such as diabetes, osteoporosis, cholesterol, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Advising, ordering, and performing tests and interpreting the results
- Inform patients about complementary health activities and treatments (appropriate diet and exercise)
- Consultation of endocrinology patients in Consulting Clinic, and admit the patients when necessary.
- Carrying out follow-up appointments, monitoring patient progress, adjusting treatment plans and medications, and updating patient records.
- Discussing diagnoses with patients, explaining treatment options, and giving advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures
- Supporting patients with serious or complex endocrine conditions
- Utilize ultrasound-guided biopsies
- Adhere to laws and regulations of the FMIC Hospital
- Conducting research and studies on the endocrine system and its diseases, disorders, and conditions to develop new treatment techniques.
- Remaining up-to-date on current discoveries, developments, trends, research, and technology.
- Align with goals and objectives of department/ Organization.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all FMIC rules and regulation.
- Take part in teaching and academic activities of Senior/Medical Officers regularly.
- Assure quality of care
- Assure continuity of care 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure to apply all IPSG standards and monitoring standards performing by team
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Any other tasks/assignment given by direct supervisor
- Conducting CMEs inside & outside of FMIC for sharing knowledge and information
- Participating in clinical forums and workshops
- Develop and maintain clinical pathways and protocols
Qualification and requirements:
- Medical Degree from a recognized university
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- Six-year additional training specializing in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required):
- Excellent patient management skills and patient-oriented approach
- Be able to explain medical conditions to patients in clear and straightforward terms without medical jargon
- Ability to work under difficult working conditions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Be a good team player
- Having good time management skill
- Excellent interpersonal skill and good communication skill in Dari, Pashto and English languages
- Having good computer skill specially in MS Office programs
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email email@example.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.