- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Spera District
- Years of Experience Minimum three years’ work experience in similar position with NGOs, INGOs or donor funded projects and specifically in Shelter and housing local type projects .
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 3-Months
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CARE-AF-0182
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree in Civil Engineer or construction Engineering.
- close Date August 11, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions:
The Construction Engineer in coordination with community mobilizers and field supervisor is responsible to collect data from the field and survey, plan, prepare Bill of Quantities for humanitarian activities such as fixed Shelter and Housing construction and repairing of disaster affected communities. Design implementation, Supervision and technical monitoring shelter and housing projects at community level. H/she is expected to achieve the following results and undertake any other task assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Key relations:
- Internal: Field Supervisor and other CARE projects related staff.
- External: Community elders, local government staff, skilled and unskilled labour and other community members.
- Duty Locations:
Khost Sabari district
- Key Results Expected:
- Travel to the sites for site assessment and conduct technical and feasibility survey of disaster affected communities, develop Rehabilitation and construction plan with each communities and affected beneficiaries .
- Foreseeing safety of work for project implementation specifically with earthquake disaster .
- Conduct safety of work training to casual labour and Beneficiaries.
- Provide construction supervision and quality control.
- Ensure that technical designs are as per standard and with a high and safe quality to earthquake specifically
- Ensure that the Bill of Quantities (BOQs) and cost estimations for construction and rehabilitation are realistic and within the approved budget.
- Ensure that the plan is attainable and have the endorsement of the beneficiaries and supervisor.
- Explain program objectives to the communities.
- Maintain documents and records of community and beneficiaries’ documents.
- Carryout regular supervision at field level to ensure full compliance of technical, social, and environmental aspects during implementation.
- Prepare/compile periodic progress reports in consultation with field supervisor as per the standard format and deliver to field supervisor for further review.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Ability to speak, read and write technical and conversational English and Enthusiasm to the job, willingness to work in rough field conditions and tough security situation, willingness to travel as per the project requirements, favouring to rehabilitation, a self-starter and well experience in community involving and good communicator.
Computer skills (AutoCAD, Engineering software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), supervision and coordination skills.
Civil engineering with excellent knowledge of cost estimation and local type earthquake resistance shelter community driven projects and DRR and CBDRM Projects.
Skills and Experience:
Proven experience in technical assessments, project implementation, development of community development plan and Bill of Quantities and drawings
University degree in Civil Engineer or construction Engineering .
Minimum three years’ work experience in similar position with NGOs, INGOs or donor funded projects and specifically in Shelter and housing local type projects .
Excellent communication in both Dari and Pashto languages, reading and writing ability in English
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will not be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Construction Engineer CARE-AF-0182 Spera) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)