- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience At least have one to two years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Subject to the project life cycle
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HR1062-AFGA/109
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from Midwifery/Nursing schools
- close Date May 22, 2022
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the world
The outreach midwife provides individual counseling to females, and adolescents, contraceptive methods, pregnancy testing, Antenatal Care (ANC), Natal, Postnatal Care (PNC), and appropriate referral. The outreach midwives also provide information to clients about Family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention, and violence prevention and intervention.
Mainly the midwives distribute and provide contraceptive methods (tablets, condoms, injections) to users of family planning and refer them to HFs for long-acting methods.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide quality services for the clients.
- Distribution of short-term family planning methods.
- Provide quality counseling services to clients in their coverage area.
- Distribution of IEC and BCC materials.
- Ensure referral mechanism for advance services.
- Perform history taking & physical examinations of the patients
- Provision of counseling on Breast cancer and cervical cancer to their clients
- Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food
- Provision of ANC and PNC counseling
- Counseling to the clients regarding HIV/AIDS prevention
- Record all the necessary information on the existing reporting tools (registration book and card for each beneficiary, etc..).
Graduated from midwifery/nursing schools.
Having Family planning knowledge (counselling and methods)
Experience of family planning method provision.
Good communication skills
Familiarity with smart devices such as tablets and laptops
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs along with Cover letter to email@example.com and no later than (May 22, 2022), please mention position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email.
Applications are accepted in English and shortlisted candidates will be contacted only. Submission after the deadline will not be considered.