- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Subject to the project life cycle
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HR1062-AFGA/79
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 22, 2022
- Education Graduated from midwifery institute - 2 years (Bachelor degree is desirable)
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the world.
The Community Outreach Midwife provides individual counseling to female and adolescent, contraceptive methods, pregnancy testing, and appropriate referral. The Outreach Midwives also provide information to clients about Family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention, violence prevention and intervention.
- Delivering counseling and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services including family planning, HIV/AIDS, STI, post-abortion counseling, cervical and breast cancer screening and counseling etc.
- Providing appropriate supervision and advanced care to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
- Performing deliveries and taking care of the mother and newborn babies at the community level.
- As per the principles of basic emergency obstetric care, manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Considering Infection Prevention measures during the deliveries & organizing standard ANC/PNC visits to targeted areas.
- Consulting and educating women, family and community in areas pertaining to Health including mother and newborn health.
- Managing Eclampsia and Preeclampsia (screening, treatment and referrals).
- Administering Postpartum Hemorrhage by the distribution of Misoprostol.
- Offering postpartum family planning counseling and services.
- Referring postpartum complications when needed.
- Conducting screening of the pregnant women for danger signs of pregnancy.
- Delivering comprehensive counseling for all FP methods, distribution of short term family planning methods and IEC and BCC materials.
- Delivering short-term family planning methods to the clients.
- Developing an effective referral system for long-acting family planning methods.
- Conducting the PNC visit in 48 hours after delivery and providing them the necessary Family planning methods.
- Providing information and education on Self-care.
- Facilitating enabling environment for a comprehensive referral pathway in the event of any complication in delivery.
- Rising awareness among the women during their household visits and social assemblies to increase demand for services.
- Providing instant newborn care focusing on airway, warmth and breastfeeding.
- Delivering emergency measures for newborn resuscitation.
- Providing daily newborn care, including physical examination, taking care of the umbilical cord, immunization, etc.
- Performing administrative tasks such as patient caring, recording and reporting of data and coordination of specific educational or outreach programs.
- Ensure proper Data recording and reporting system.
- Preparing & submitting monthly reports to Line Manager or Project Focal Point.
- At least to be graduated from midwifery institute (2 years).
- Bachelor of Midwifery Faculty is desirable.
- At least 2 years of related working experience
- Confident in field work and service delivery to field/community level.
- Fluency in local languages and Basic understanding of the English language.
- Sound communication skills and ability to interact successfully with community and clients.
- Having Family planning knowledge (counselling and methods)
- Familiarity with use of smart devices such as tablets & smart phones.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs along with a Cover letter (as a 1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than (January 22, 2022), please mention position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email, applications received with the proper subject line will be disqualified from the process.
Applications are accepted in English and shortlisted candidates will be contacted only. Submission after the deadline will not be considered.