- Salary Offer 300$
- Address Sar-e-Pul, Gosfandi and SozmaQala
- Years of Experience 1-3 years’ experience in social mobilization, trainings and social work programs.
- Number of Vacancies: 6
- Contract Duration 11 Months
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CICA/EiE/SAR/22-009
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education 12 grade graduates at minimum, bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- close Date August 10, 2022
Canadian international Community Association (CICA) is a non-profit organization registered in Canada Ontario. CICA provides educational, humanitarian, community development and recreations programs to people in needs.
CICA is an international humanitarian development NGO established in 2019 in Ontario Canada to play a vital role in humanitarian and development setting, and to contribute towards the peace building in the country where the people can live in amity and harmony.
Educational programs are vital in every society especially in less developed countries or countries which are impacted by war. Through education members of society become self-reliance. Education enables individuals to make a positive difference in their homes, communities and country.
CICA plays key roles in providing various training such as vocational training, agriculture and other recreational programs. Our programs enable people to apply the skills they gain into their personal lives or at workplace. Furthermore, these skills provide opportunity to people who are looking to get into the workplace and the people who are already employed they can benefit from the new skills at their workplaces to advance on personal and professional levels.
Humanitarian relief is another most needed service which CICA offers by the help of our generous donors. CICA helps people who are in need of food, drinking water and other medical supplies. CICA’s team members have great knowledge of the individuals and communities in needs and the areas which are severely impacted by war and natural environmental causes. Through the help of our organization and humanitarian resources we are saving lives of many peoples who are in desperate needs of help. Our support is making life saving difference in people’s lives.
Community development is very important for every society because when members of the communities are self-reliance and independent, they could support their families and create opportunities for those who are less fortunate. So, that is why
CICA is committed to deliver programs such as educational, community recreational, athletic and other community development programs which directly making positives difference with in communities. Our programs help communities to develop and become self-reliance. CICA deliver the services to all the people in needs regardless of their gender, race, color, religion or social status.
- Conduct surveys and assessments in the communities and provide feedback and suggestions for the development of the education program.
- Create positive relations with community through regular meetings and informal discussion for identifying and addressing education needs and issues. He/She will spend 80% of his working time in the field. Each community should be visited once a month or more, as needed.
- Create plans for establishing School Shuras with community members and elders to monitor and support the education activities in the community.
- Work with community to identify education needs, create work plan, assuring that community members are supporting the education program and School Shura members.
- Ensure the registration and integration of students and teachers in the MoE formal system.
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with provincial/district/school Ministry of Education other organization staff.
- Ensure the transparency in classroom repair/maintenance and material distribution activities in the community and records.
- Conduct campaigns and trainings for raising awareness about gender, especially for improvement of female education and their further participation in education.
- Conduct meetings and trainings for other members of the provincial education team with MoE Provincial CBE Officers (PCO), teachers and School Shura members for developing their capacity in planning and implementing CBE activities.
- Prepare training materials and programs with assistance of Education officer and other staff and Provincial CBE Officer according to the program needs.
Education & Training:
- 12 grade graduates at minimum, bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years’ experience in social mobilization, trainings and social work programs.
- Particular experience in community mobilization.
- Team player with high level of facilitation skill.
- Ability to work hard and long, self-driven
- Hard worker under the high-pressure situation.
Note: Number of Vacancy
2- Individual ( Male)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Prior experience in working with INGO is preferred
- Prior experience in fragile contexts and humanitarian response
- Must have a love for children and demonstrate patience, tolerance, problem solving, open-mindedness and interest in social justice.
- English writing / speaking skills.
- Competent computer skills for report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to effectively communicate with children and their caregivers
- Knowledge and awareness of inter-agency Child Protection in Humanitarian Action tools, guidelines and other resources is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Certification or other recognized courses on Protection, Child Protection, Gender-based Violence, International Humanitarian Law or other relevant subject
- Basic knowledge of child protection principles and programming approaches
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
The position is based in Sar-e-Pul with frequent travel to the project districts and communities.
Knowledge of the local language (Dari, Uzbeki and Pashto). English skill is desirable.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.