- Salary Offer According to NGO Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 1-2 Years related Experience
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Contract Duration 3 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-72-2023
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree in medical or social science
- close Date September 27, 2023
About HEWAD, Reconstruction, Health & Humanitarian Assistance Committee:
HEWAD is a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profitable charity organization established in 1994 to provide Medical, Educational, Social, and Humanitarian Assistance to the needy people of Afghanistan. HEWAD implements primary health care to needy people of Afghanistan, and within those focuses on the provision of health care to the most vulnerable group, children, and women. HEWAD provides perfect health education, information, and service to Afghans in order to improve their living conditions
- The community mobilizer must be graduated from a university or intermediate institution and have at least two years of community mobilization work experience and should be fluent in local languages. She is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing, and community mobilization-related activities as per project goals and objectives
- Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop community-based Mental health and psychosocial counselling plan
- Coordinate and build relationships with communities especially religious leaders, community elders and women about Mental health and psychosocial counselling awareness and services
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with BPHS /EPHS implementers and concerned stakeholders
- Mobilizes communities to utilize Women friendly health space (WFHS) and Mobile Psychosocial team (MPT) Mental health and psychosocial counselling services.
- Strengths referral system among community and project service delivery points
- During fieldwork support in the identification of Mental health and psychosocial sufferer and referral to psychosocial counsellors.
- Conducts individual or group Mental health and psychosocial counselling awareness and health education as required in WFHS and MPT.
- Helps the WFHS and MPT in charge to prepare MPT schedules based on ground reality to ensure the successful implementation of a plan.
- Supports team members in developing and implementing of community-related activities
- Performs any other official tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor
- University degree in social science is required
- At least two years full time experience in community mobilization in Mental health and psychosocial counseling projects.
- Computer knowledge is advantageous.
- Fluency in, Dari and Pashtu.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage communities and advocate for sensitive Mental health and psychosocial counseling issues.
- Ability to travel too extensively to field.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27 September, 2023
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when sending your application.
- Supporting documents, e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s), etc., are not required at this stage, therefore not to be sent along with the application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment
- .Note: Without the Position Title and Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email, your CV will not be considered for further process. Also please specified the province.
- Please remember that we will not consider the CVs for the positions after the closing date