- Salary Offer NTA Grade F, Step 1-3
- Years of Experience 2-3 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 4 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35115
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery
- close Date November 27, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Under the direct supervision of the Community Health officers and technical guidance from the community Health Manager, the primary function of the Community Health Promotion assistant to conduct mortality and morbidity surveillance and mortality data collection from the communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular visits to the communities and support the community-based health promotion volunteers.
- Support recruitment and training of community-based health volunteers; community leaders and religiose elders.
- Schedule regular site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and tracking of community health activities
- Work with community based volunteers and community leaders to conduct mortality and disease surveillance in the communities.
- Submit weekly updates to Community Health officers on the CBHVs progress
- Oversee data collection and analysis of mortality and morbidity data from the communities
- Develop required reports on CHV performance and effectiveness, based on evaluations.
- In close coordination with community volunteers sensitize the related community regarding health promotion messages.
- In close coordination with community volunteers, develop positive relations with community through regular meetings with elders, Mullahs, local Shura and CDC to promote IRC acceptance in the target areas.
- Work with community elders, Shura during project implementation, explaining IRC project activities and explain that IRC projects are in line with Islamic values.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager
- Education: Qualified Nurse, community health, or Midwife with experience in health promotion and conducting trainings
- Years of Experience: 2-3 years’ Experience in community mobilization and coordination to increase community participation
- Skills: Self-motivated, possessing persuasion skills, ability to maintain relationship and able to work on own initiative.
- Enthusiasm to travel to locations within a region – and to other regions for training sessions
- Technical Competency:
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline