- Salary Offer Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
- Address Farkhar District
- Years of Experience 2-3 years’ work experience in relevant community development, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization., experience in social mobilization is a must, experience in disability is an asset.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 18 months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-TRMO-286-22
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in social science, education, and/ or community development.
- close Date December 4, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
Disability Project is a Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) programme working for the full inclusion of Person with Disabilities in the society through provision of services; such as physical rehabilitations, vocational training, and access to loan for their economic independence. Disability Program (DP) provides preparatory education for children with disabilities with the aim of preparing them for inclusion in mainstream schools. DP is running awareness rising activities towards the family and community members about the right and need of Person with Disabilities. DP is working for the institutional capacity building of Disabled People Organizations (DPOs), professional associations, and disability sector NGOs. This programme also advocates towards the Governments for inclusion of disability and disabled people right to education, health, employment in their policies and strategies.
The Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBR-Worker) is the responsible person in terms of implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation, recognition and integration of People with Disabilities within community level where awareness, training and linking People with Disabilities with external service providers are key tools.
- Supervise daily routine activities of community volunteers and family trainers
- Supervise rehabilitation process implemented by family trainers and community volunteers
- Supervision of People with Disability (PwD) placed in apprenticeship, group vocational training and loan ongoing cases
- Follow up of school integrated children to determine their needs and problems
- To collect data of Disability Program activities at district level and report to CBR Officer on monthly basis
- House to house surveys of PwD within his/her concerned area
- Assess needs of PwD with assistance of Physiotherapy, Special Education and Employment Support sections and prepare plan for rehabilitation intervention including selection of training material
- Work as a first referral source for the implementation of CBR strategy
- Assist Disability Program trainers in establishment of CBR Committees and DPOs.
- Identify and mobilize available local resources and utilize for better implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation of PwD.
- To promote awareness and given advice on disability and rehabilitation issues to the community
- To promote community’s knowledge regarding disabilities and its prevention at different stage
- Facilitate school integration of children with disability after completion of preparatory education
- Assist ESO in identification of PwD for vocational group and apprenticeship
- Assist PwD in filling of revolving loan application forms and collect loan instalments from loan borrowers
- Distribute publications such as village page to all villages covered by him/her, wall magazine into all schools and health centres in the concerned area
- Assist disability program information officers in writing of disability article and life stories of PwD or address them to the information staff
- Refer needy PwD to other rehabilitation resources inside and outside of disability program.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, education, and/ or community development.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in relevant community development, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization., experience in social mobilization is a must, experience in disability is an asset.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, writing and understanding of Pashto and Dari and basic knowledge of English language. Interpersonal and communication skills
- The candidates should be resident of Farkhar (District)
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ready to work, live and travel in difficult and remote areas
- Be an Afghan national
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience and send your application / CV to the below link:
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
Applications after announcement closing date or Application in hard copy will not be accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.