- Salary Offer As Per Organization Salary scale
- Experience More than 4 years’ experience in work focusing on children’s rights and protection issues
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 2100053S
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Bachelor Degree in Relevant field
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The Child Protection Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing a child protection projects in different provinces where SCI-Af has direct implementation. And s/he is responsible to establish and maintain a good relation with all stakeholders including all SCI-Af thematic areas in country or provincial offices.
- Provide practical technical follow up and monitoring to all training and workshops conducted to ensure the sustainability and impacts of the activities.
- To ensure the allocated budget utilized timely, and monthly, quarterly and projects report submitted in quality to Sr. CP program manager.
- Leading youth resilience and child resilience activities in the country by providing training to staff
- Adapt and develop child friendly tools and training materials suitable for local context in key skill areas relating to child rights, protection and participation and support for child led organizations and networks.
- Develop new training modules and manuals on child rights issues, social work and community work skills.
- Ensure training for all Save the Children staff on Child Protection and child safeguarding policy is implemented.
- Compile and generate the training reports conducted in provinces.
- Day to day management of the project with full coordination with SCI country office and provincial offices.
- Support the development of partnerships between adults and children, enabling girls and boys participation in governance structures (e.g. shura, CPAN, and Save the children program and policy developments).
- Work closely with the Save the Children program teams, including other sectors, to develop applicable materials on child rights, child protection, participation, health education, environmental protection, etc.
- Document and evaluate experiences and lessons learnt for purposes of institutional learning
- Work closely with the Save the children program teams to inform policy developments on child rights, protection and participation.
- Ensuring high quality service are provided through CFS in targeted communities
- Working with project team to provide PSS support to the effected children/population.
- Assist in proposal and budget developments to secure funds for capacity building initiatives.
- Ensure personal commitment in building constructive working relationship with partners based on SCI-Af partnership principles spelled out in Theory of Change
- Coordinate with partners on issues of accountability (reporting) as per SCI-Af and back donors requirement
- Ensure any new requirement of SCI-Af is shared with partners in coordination with partnership unit
- Ensure that all projects are equipped with MEAL systems like quality benchmarks, billboards, posters to exhibit MEAL messages for activities
- Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner collaboration with MEAL team
- Report project outputs against M&E Plan
- Ensure that data and information is available for projects at the field as per the M&E Plan
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Other duties as directed.
Supporting other project team in related to Save the Children programs. Provide advisory in project under indirect implementation
Bachelor Degree in Relevant Field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- More than 4 years’ experience in work focusing on children’s rights and protection issues.
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Pashtu/Dari Language.
- Skills in report writing.
- Experience in conducting training
- Ability to manage stand alone and integrated projects
- A relevant degree in education, social sciences or a closely related field;
- Extensive experience as a trainer using participatory methodology.
- Experience in undertaking training needs assessment
- Experience in developing training materials
- Knowledge of child rights, child protection and child participation
- Proven competence in using participatory/interactive methods in working with children in difficult circumstances;
- Politically and culturally sensitive, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- A willingness to work as part of a team in a complex and sometimes insecure environment.
- A preparedness to work in uncertain security environments.
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, email).
- Commitment to the vision, mission and goals of SC.
- Commitment to SC Child Protection Policy
- Experience in working with an International organization for at least 4 years;
- Good sense of humour and flexibility
- Experience of translating materials from English to Pashtu and Dari
- Experience in child participation and community participation
- Familiar with other computer program (Ms. Access, Photoshop etc)
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies, and other organisational policies and procedures, at all times.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.