- Salary Offer As per salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 2300002F
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in the relevant filed Social Science, Masters degree preferred.
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The post holder will be responsible to independently manage a portfolio of above $4 million projects/awards within the growing Save the Children Afghanistan, Child protection program. The post holder will be expected to manage all aspects of the implementation of projects in their portfolio. The post holder will be responsible for management of the project budgets, team and delivery of all activities in alignment with Save the Children and donor guidelines, budget and timeline. The post holder will also be responsible for coordination with any partners engaged in the project, including supporting delivery by local NGO partners. The post holder will also have a leading role in supporting engagement with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to support quality delivery of all projects within their portfolio.
Under the direction of Deputy Head of Office OR Head of Child protection/ Sr. CP program manager in dottline , the Child protection Manager will be responsible for leading a portfolio of $ above 4 million projects in the targeted provinces. S/he will be responsible for the overall quality implemenentation, budget, staff and resource management. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery projects activities to make support quality achievements in Child protection in the targeted Provinces and will be responsible to technically support the projects in their portfolio, including a team of community-based staff and regular staff. The post holder will also be responsible for the day to day partners management and support.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Manage a diverse range of above $ 4 million Programs/projects funded from different sources and to provide holistic support to the children and beneficiaries. Ensuring clear and transparent communication with the Head of Child protection to ensure project progress is understood, challenges are raised and support is requested to address issues, as they arise.
• Ensure close collaboration and coordination with implementing partners (including local NGOs) to support the smooth implementation of project activities and achievement of results, including collaborative approaches to problem solving and trouble shooting issues, as they arise.
• Develop work plans and monitors progress and present monthly, quarterly, annual and project financial and narrative progress reports to the supervisor, as well as support internal and external reporting on the project, as needed
• Undertake capacity building needs and gaps mapping for the Child protection team and develop a capacity building strategy plan and ensure the team capacity built, including capacity building for implementing partners, as needed.
• Ensure personal commitment in building constructive working relationship with all counterparts based on SCI-Af partnership principles spelled out in Theory of Change
• Undertake regular field visits to support the project team in their work, support capacity building and monitor the implementation of project activities to ensure quality delivery, as well as accountability to beneficiaries. Provide honest, constructive and prompt feedback to management on these visits to highlight capacity gaps, challenges and issues and work with stakeholders to address them, supporting the continuous improvement of team capacity and the delivery of quality project outcomes. Develop, monitor and implement procurement plans to ensure timely procurement and smooth operational support in the field through close coordination with the Logistics Department, and provision of necessary program inputs in alignotment with project budgets, timelines and donor compliance requirements.
• Where needed, support the development of project proposals, with accurate delivery costs, effective activities and feedback on existing projects to support the delivery of ongoing funding to support the sustainability of Save the Children, Child protection programs.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values;
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same;
• Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others;
• Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues at both national and regional level members, donors and partners;
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
• Always acts in the best interests of children.
Additional job responsibilities
• The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
• In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
• The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
• We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
• The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in the relevant filed Social Science, Masters degree is preferred.
• At least Five years experience in CP project management including strong budget management experience
• Good Oral and Written English Skills
• Proven Computer skills in Word, Excel and other MS Office software
• Proven Administration skills
• Ability to travel within project coverage districts & other provinces as needed
• Understanding of local languages and customs
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.