- Salary Offer As per UNICEF salary skill
- Years of Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 364 days
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 557333
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree level, preferably in a subject area relevant to Information Management
- close Date November 30, 2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
All children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
As one of the longest-serving members of the international community in Afghanistan, UNICEF has a unique role to promote peace and stability for the country’s children. We continue to support the country’s transition from decades of war and natural disasters so that children, adolescents and women can access the services they need and fulfil their right to survival, development, protection and participation.
How can you make a difference?
1. Technical Support
- Ensure implementation of IM framework at national and sub-national levels
- Maintain and further develop information databases that consolidate, analyze and report/disseminate information critical to CP AOR.
- Strengthen the linkage between subnational and national level coordination platforms and work with CP AOR partners to identify information gaps at national and sub-national levels and propose ways to bridge those gaps.
- Strengthen data and information sharing between subnational and national levels in close collaboration with CP AOR sub national coordinators and co-lead agencies and other IMO Focal Points from protection cluster and other clusters.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination support to Child Protection Management Information System (CPIMS+) with partners to strengthen CP AOR Information Management and other clusters databases including protection cluster.
- Work together with partners to develop digital tools, establishing data sharing platform for data and information reporting (specifically on report hub)
- Provide IM leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint protection cluster assessments and training. Ensure alignment of ongoing and future assessments. Encourage and support sharing of assessments, maintain the assessment registry and Secondary Data Review.
- Contribute to planning and strategy development including develop sectoral plans, objectives and indicators directly support realization of the HC/HCT strategic priorities, adherence to existing standards and guidelines, prioritization, and cluster contributions to HRP overall humanitarian funding considerations (Flash Appeal, CAP, ERF/CHF, CERF)
- Build capacity at national and sub-national levels to use IM applications for improving child protection monitoring and reporting of CP AOR activities
- Maintain the IM deliverables of CP AOR for advocacy and operational planning purposes (e.g., partner presence, CP AOR needs, response and gaps) and develop systems and tools to geospatially map all Community Based structures including child friendly spaces.
3. Services delivery and Monitoring Support
- Maintain and build on existing in-country IM approaches for collecting, analyzing and reporting CP AOR activities and resources, and identifying information gaps. Collaborate closely with Protection Cluster and education Cluster, especially on Monitoring & Reporting Mechanism on Grave Child Rights Violations (MRM), which includes attacks on education.
- Maintain and strengthen regular reporting from CP AOR sub national coordinators (i.e., monthly coordination minutes, and updates) and CP AOR partners monthly report hub reports (ie. 5W)
- Support the CP AOR sub national coordinators and co lead agencies and conduct regular field visits to support Region/Province to improve on monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to Contingency planning/preparedness for recurrent disasters whenever feasible and relevant and Accountability to affected populations
4.Information sharing, Networking and Representation
- Maintain and strengthen regular information sharing with CP AOR (i.e., Humanitarian response.info website, Dashboards, Newsletters/factsheets etc.)
- Participate in the monthly CP AoR as well as Information management Working Group meetings and OCHA led inter-cluster coordination mechanisms
- Good understanding of logical framework approach and different types of indicators (baseline and output especially), basic understanding of the project cycle management (especially monitoring and evaluation steps)
- Good understanding of humanitarian approach, humanitarian reform, transformative agenda and roles of each humanitarian actor (Government, UNOCHA, Clusters, organizations)
- Basic understanding of Clusters in emergencies to be able to engage with cluster participants; understand their cluster-specific IM needs and respond to those needs in a timely manner
- Proactively build trust, establish, and maintain effective working relations, and share ideas through IM networks and promote synergies with other clusters with a respect for diversity
- Diplomatic skills and able to establish excellent working relations with partners in order to collect information. Understanding of the data and information virtuous cycle
- Facilitation and capacity-building skills
- Ability to perform several tasks in a timely manner with a focus on quality
- Communicate key messages effectively to different audiences: tailoring languages, tone, style, and format to match audiences; actively listens to perspectives of stakeholders and team members; interpreting messages and respond appropriately; speaking and writing clearly and efficient; and makes presentations in public with confidence
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and self-management skills, as well as mature judgment
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Understands key technical issues for the cluster sufficiently well enough to be able to: engage with cluster participants; understand their cluster-specific IM needs.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel or MS Access (e.g., pivot tables and functions); proven technical expertise for managing data capture and storage, for analyzing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports; knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g., UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform); proven skills in using map-making packages, data visualizing (e.g., Tableau), web design and software development are an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.