- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 7 - 10 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AUB/HR/021-014
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date November 10, 2021
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a full-fledged privately-owned commercial bank incorporated on October 4, 2007. The bank obtained its banking license under the banking laws of Afghanistan from the Central Bank of Afghanistan (Da Afghanistan Bank) and received an incorporation license from Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). The Bank is currently operating through 27 branches in Kabul, Nangarhar, Kandahar, Balkh, Herat, Kunduz, Parwan, Helmand, Nimroz, Khost, and other big cities of the country. The bank is offering financial products and services in both Conventional and Islamic Banking across these branches.
The Chief Internal Auditor will develop and execute financial and operational risk
based audits and lead special projects and investigations in accordance with an
internal audit plan. Responsible for audit planning, developing internal audit scope
and objectives, managing Audit staff, performing internal audit procedures, and
preparing internal audit reports that reflect the results of the work performed. Work
will include bank-wide coverage focusing on the efficiency and effectiveness of the
bank’s financial system, operational procedures/processes, internal control and
compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
This position will report administratively to the Chief Executive Officer and
functionally to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1 . Responsible for the smooth and effective day-to-day administration of the
Internal Audit Department.
2. Develop and supervise comprehensive program of audit assignments covering:
– internal controls,
– risk management process,
– regulatory compliance,
– evaluating the quality of corporate and credit portfolios,
– credit management process,
– treasury and investment portfolios,
– administration and financial systems,
– human resources,
– IT, CBS and e-banking services,
– ant other related business of the bank,
3. Promote internal audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit
services that consistently improve the control environment and achieve
4. Take care of accurate, professional and transparent audit investigations and audit
reports and communicate those to the Board of Management and Audit
Committee of the bank.
5. Work in consultation with the Management of the bank to design and implement
cost-effective policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls are
effective for reliable financial reporting, safeguard the organization’s assets,
provide for efficient processes and procedures, and achieve regulatory
6. Liaises and maintain professional relationship with external auditors, Central Bank
Auditors and other parties for coordinating and discussing audit related issues
and resolve audit observations.
7. Establishes a comprehensive audit plan covering all the activities of the bank,
prioritizing the audit assignments based on a risk assessment, and establishing of
goals, work schedules, staffing and follow-up activities to carry out the
responsibilities of the bank audit, in an effective and efficient manner.
8. Conducts fraud investigations and coordinates with the Management, the Legal
Advisor and other concerned authorities as appropriate.
9. Maintains a working environment through knowledge sharing, mentoring and
coaching that fosters professional growth and advancement, teamwork, initiative
10. Deals with matters of a highly confidential nature using sound judgment and
discretion, consulting with the Management and other concerned authorities as
11. Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of
operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established
12. Investigate and determine causes of irregularities and errors and recommend
corrective actions and suggestion for improvement.
13. Performing special project reviews as requested, which may be in addition to the
approved audit plan. Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
14. Ensure that the risk assessment is done at least annually.
15. Establish risk-based audit plans to set out the priorities of the internal audit
function, consistent with the organizational objectives.
16. Present an annual internal audit plan by reference to the risk management
framework to the Audit Committee for their approval.
17. Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to
internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
18. Assist Risk Management with the development of the Bank’s Own Risk Solvency
Assessment report to the regulators.
19. Any other job-related duties as assigned by the concerned authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Management field , CIA Certification.
- 7-10 years related experience in internal audit field or public accounting where 3+ years on managerial level.
- Professional certification such as CIA/CBA/CPA/CISA/CFE or ACCA is desired.
- In depth knowledge of banking technical accounting, operation, internal control,
- IT infrastructure, risk management and accounting process issues.
- Strong analytical and advisory skills
- Thorough knowledge of Afghan banking law and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
- Experience in the design and execution of an audit plan that efficiently and
- effectively covers bank risks.
- Good communication skills in English language and computer literacy. Proficiency
- in Afghan local languages will be an advantage.
- Proper judgment skills in resolving issues.
- Professional and disciplined leader.
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.