- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Aurum 2023-01
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master’s degree
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Aurum- Afghanistan Mobile Money Service Company:
Aurum-Afghanistan is an Afghan Mobile Money Service Company which will be regulated by the Central Bank of Afghanistan-EMI section after getting License. The head office of Aurum-Afghanistan is located in Kabul, Afghanistan with the intention of 34 branches across Afghanistan. Aurum Mobile Money Services offer significant opportunities for improving the efficiency of financial services by expanding access and lowering transaction costs.
Mobile money is a recent innovation that provides financial transaction services via mobile phone smoothly, the technology has spread rapidly in the developing world. In recent times, we have seen that Da Afghanistan Bank, our regulator is keenly working and promoting Electronic Money Service organizations to bring efficiency in the financial services of Afghanistan. Considering this need and to be the part of improvements, Aurum-Afghanistan invested in Mobile Money services and came up with highly qualified and skilled professionals. Aurum-Afghanistan is equipped with advanced technology to be the leader in the mobile money services in Afghanistan.
Chief Compliance Officer ‘s Job Description.
The chief compliance officer wields two levels of responsibilities; they guarantee that the Aurum-Afghanistan Mobile Money Service Company is conducting its business in adherence to Afghanistan and international laws/regulations that pertain to its industry; they also ensure that professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal systems of control necessary to achieve compliance with the external rules are followed.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the chief compliance officer of Aurum-Afghanistan are listed below:
- Manage and execute policies and procedures which govern a Aurum ‘s compliance program
- Monitor and test policies and procedures to ensure they can result in compliance
- Keep an eye on the performance of the compliance program, carry out risk assessments & compliance reviews to ensure policies/procedures are being followed in Aurum-Afghanistan
- Liaise with legal and regulatory bodies on compliance-related issues of Aurum-Afghanistan
- Ensure that the Aurum complies with existing & developing laws & regulations of Afghanistan
- Responsible for the creation of the Compliance & Ethics Program Plan & ensure its execution
- Responsible for establishing and setting the tone of compliance throughout the Aurum-Afghanistan
- Recommend the initiation of investigative procedures in response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct of Aurum-Afghanistan.
- Carry out periodic evaluation of the compliance Programs & make appropriate improvements
- Preside over and direct the work of the Compliance Committee of Aurum-Afghanistan
- Govern the responsibility to report misconduct and noncompliance, the path for reporting, and protection from retaliation
- Provide guidance on the effective response to detected problems and proffer recommendations for corrective action as appropriate.
- Other tasks assigned by the Chief Executive Officer of the Aurum-Afghanistan
• Master’s degree from a recognized university. (MBA, MSC) CAMS preferable
• Minimum 5 years in the financial sector.
• Knowledge and experience as a Chief Compliance Officer or deputy chief compliance officer
• Demonstrates leadership and involvement in the community.
• Willing and able to commit time to leadership of the organization.
• Ability to communicate listen and seek others’ input.
• Respected by the CEO and key stakeholders.
Applicants are required to submit their Cover Letter and CV (in One file) to email@example.com no later than the closing date mentioned as above and please mention the position title as well as the vacancy number in the subject of their emails. For example, applicant or candidate may write the position title first and the vacancy number subsequently as follows: Chief Compliance Officer –Vacancy #: AURUM 2023-01