- Salary Offer 15,000 AFN Including all benefits
- Experience 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 6
- Contract Duration 5 Months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Chawkidar-752
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Ability to read and write, High School graduates will be given priority
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
The Chawkidar is the front-line security staff of Actionaid with a responsibility of protecting and guarding people as well as assets of the organization.
- Available all the time in the gate and exercise serious control inside and outside the compound
- Registration of visitors in the record and keeping visitor register with passes in a systematic manner
- Proactive and vigilant management of office/official residence access control procedures
- To ensure regular and proper maintenance of information related to visitors to the office, movements of staff and vehicles as well as goods and materials entering office and going out
- Report any incident immediately to the line manager as per AAA Incident Reporting Procedure.
- Ensure fuel in generator is full and working whenever needed and specially during the nights
- Checking all the office lights, electricity, windows, doors and heaters.
- To record and maintain data related to fuel and energy consumption of common utilities like generator, heaters etc.
- Thorough check up of rooms, heaters, fans and lights after office hours ( during his/he working time)
- Vigilant of other vehicles parked around the office and guest house
- Attend to turning on or turning off of the generator, whenever needed
- Adherence to the office rules and regulations, particularly related to security protocol and guidelines thereof
- To ensure safety and security of organization assets in office
- Cleaning of office.
Education & Training:
- Ability to read and write, 12 grade graduates is preferred.
- Particular experience in Security
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with other NGOs or INGOs.
Technical Skills :
- Committed to the mission, approach and values
- Ability to work hard and long, self-driven
- Flexible, patient and ability to mentor others
- Transparency and accountability
- Committed to travel to the field, often
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in matrix relationship
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com before July 31, 2021. Please clearly indicate Chawkidar-752 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.