- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 6 - 8 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0546
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date December 4, 2022
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
1.The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for ARP’s strategic financial management decisions and
activities. The CFO will design, in partnership with the Vice President and the President, the infrastructure, systems,
and processes to prepare ARP for substantial growth over the coming 5 to 10 years. The CFO will bear primary duty
to implement and roll out new systems.
2. To manage the financial affairs of ARP, including financial analysis and reporting to management. This position
has oversight for general accounting, budgets, cost accounting and working capital management; the maintenance
of its fiscal records and dealing with its taxation obligations. The CFO is responsible for the implementation of
financial and accounting policies and practices, the preparation of financial reports and managing the relationship
of ARP with its banking institutions, suppliers, customers and auditors. The CFO must ensure all financial
management obligations and requirements under Afghan law are met, and that sound financial management
systems and internal controls exist within ARP.
3. To manage the procurement function, and ensure that procurement is carried out effectively, obtaining value for
money, and in accordance with ARP’s procurement procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President, the key focus of this role is to manage an effective, controlled and auditable financial affairs
of ARP. Key responsibilities and accountabilities are outlined as follows:
Strategic Planning and Management
– Prepare financial long term business plans and related financial forecasts based on sound financial analysis.
– Develop effective budget management process that ensures healthy budgeting and management of financial
resources and that supports ARP in meeting its business and financial goals.
– Communicate with department heads to ensure the development of a cost-effective and growth oriented annual
– Provide regular updates of financial position, performance, and compliance (e.g., budget / actuals, indirect rates,
cash flow) with appropriate analysis, forecasts, and recommendations for action.
– Implement strategies for fraud and corruption control within ARP.
– Provide strategic and financial input to the Vice President, President and senior management in discussions
relevant to ARP.
– Ensure that all internal controls and financial policies & procedures are followed by finance department.
– Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting methods, policies and procedures and
operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
Financial Planning and Analysis
– Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions, and maintaining all necessary systems and
policies related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll & financial reporting.
– Oversee preparation of the annual financial statements in accordance with local GAAP and other applicable laws
– Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations including Afghanistan Labor law and policies of Ministry of
Finance, annual, quarterly, and monthly returns, remittances of salaries taxes, withholding taxes (vendors,
consultants) and procurement.
– Review internal and external financial reports. Ensure that these, were appropriate, are in accordance with local
laws & regulations and IFC. Ensure that these reports are submitted to regulatory authorities on timely basis.
– Ensure appropriate and effective financial and compliance systems are operating to:
o Record transactions and maintain accounting records in accordance with statutory requirements.
o Record and control the assets of ARP.
o Assure financial integrity and effective management of risk within ARP.
– Ensure the implementation of cost control procedures to be aware of any budget variances and to apply the required
measures to mitigate budget variances.
– Oversee the creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
– Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
– Ensure the regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
– Review and ensure the implementation of appropriate internal controls and financial policies & procedures.
– Act as a key point of contact for external auditors and manage the preparation of all external audits.
– Oversee and review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and
overhead cost allocation.
– Lead vendor relationships, negotiate contracts and manage purchasing systems and processes including compliance
with purchasing controls.
– Approve asset purchase requests, including those above defined limits.
– Review the company’s periodic financial position; balance sheet and income statement as well as the periodic tax
reports and present them to the top management.
– Act as an expert advisor to top management on banking and investment issues.
– Oversee the periodic inventory control stock-taking activities and form the stock taking committee from different
sections with the help of the section’s heads.
– Sample review assets and tools classifications and assignment, depreciation calculation and asset register.
– Manage ARP’s procurement function, ensuring that procurement is carried out effectively, obtaining value for
money, and in accordance with ARP’s procurement procedures.
– Preparing monthly payrolls.
– Submit the payroll and other supporting documents attached to the vouchers to the VP for review.
– Comply with personal legal liabilities and fiduciary requirements of diligence and care in carrying out the duties of
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Master’s degree in business administration/ ACCA/ CPA/ CFA/
CMA is preferred.
– At least 6 – 8 years of progressive financial and accounting experience in supervisory roles in Corporates, Banks, or
– Demonstrated experience (at least 4 years) in the development of business plans and the financial analysis of
– Demonstrated experience (at least 4 years) in procurement.
– Demonstrated experience (at least 4 years) in the management and supervision of staff.
– Demonstrated understanding of IFRS, and company law in Afghanistan.
– Demonstrated knowledge of contracting procedures, including financial aspects of contract implementation for
Personal Skills & Abilities:
– Professionalism in all aspects of work and life.
– Ability to think clearly and logically.
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
– Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
– High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
– Ability to motivate staff, to delegate and to lead a team.
– Ability to make effective presentations to small groups and stakeholders.
– Experienced user of ERP, accounting systems & MS Office.
– Excellent Strategic Insight.
– Excellent Analytical Thinking capabilities.
– Excellent Coaching & Mentoring capabilities.
– Excellent Change Management capabilities.
– Articulate with excellent communication & investment/financial selling capabilities (verbal and written).
– Fluent in English and Dari.
Qualified candidates should submit their details, Resume and Cover Letter through our AHG portal linked with Jobs.af below: