- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience • Previous experience in similar role is preferred
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference (GDS#11/11/23)
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Degree in business management or any other related field;
- close Date December 31, 2023
DAARTT (Danish Assistance to Afghan Rehabilitation and Technical Training) is a Danish based organization established in Afghanistan by the Danish People’s Aid (DPA) in 2003.
The organization is specialized in construction and has so far built more than 200 schools, clinics and other buildings in Afghanistan. DAARTT is also engaged in humanitarian and development activities supporting the most vulnerable groups/population of the country. DAARTT got and maintains membership with ACBAR and several technical clusters; such as WASH, Education, ES/NFI and Health clusters.
About the Project: This is a 9 month project funded by Vision for Children (a German based NGO). Under the project, 15 young eligible disabled males will receive technical training in the field of Goldsmith. In addition to the training, DAARTT will support the men in establishing their business in the related field. DAARTT will also provide necessary tools and equipment (Kits) up on successfully completion of the training program. The trained mdisabled men shall also receive certificates for the completion of the training program.
Under the direct supervisor and guidance of the Project Manager, the Centre Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Manage the Training Center where 15 disabled male will enroll and receive training as “Goldsmith Trainees”
- Plan and implement a system that would ensure achievement of the organizational vision, mission and project goals efficiently and effectively;
- Ensure that a safe and conducive working environment is established for the trainees and training personnel;
- Ensure strict compliance of programme activities with DAARTT national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, SPHERE guidelines and the NGO code of conduct;
- Provide oversight for the program implementation to ensure timely & high quality delivery of program activities – as per the plan/project proposal;
- Prepare Activity Plan for the center that would be implemented by the rest of the staff members;
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports for the donor and senior management of the organization;
- With the support of the M&E staff, play an active role in monitoring and evaluation of the project and documenting the findings that to be used for reporting purpose;
- Communicate regularly with other managers, the director and other designated staff within organization;
- Provide oversight to the process of selection of trainees and make sure that the selection process is transparent;
- Regularly concoct performance appraisal of the center staff;
- Supervise the examination process conducted by the trainers every three months;
- Provide support to marketing officer for the sale of jewelry products produced by the trainees;
- Facilitate other workshops for trainees such as; Gender Awareness, English Lessons, Health Awareness, Design Workshop, Self-Employment, Marketing Lessons and Basic Accounting Workshops;
- Facilitate visits of the donor (VfC) to the center – whenever taking pace – as per donor requirements;
- Support the process of apprenticeship in the jewelry market of Kabul city and probably in other cities – where appropriate;
- Introduce Trained Goldsmiths to the local markets where they can establish business relationship with traders of the same field;
- Ensures proactive engagement with relevant actors (NGOs, beneficiaries, community members, and government representatives) during and after the training program;
- Ensures that all reports (weekly, monthly) are prepared and submitted on time and with high quality to the donor and DAARTT management;
- Maintain clean and accurate record of the trainees and activities taking place within the center;
- Make sure that the center is equipped with necessary tools and equipment;
- Maintain complete record/inventory of the tools and equipment provided to the center.
- Attend internal & external meetings that are relevant to the Goldsmith project;
- Any other duty relevant to the job.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in business management or any other related field;
- Previous experience in similar role is preferred;
- Organizational skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Basic English Language skills;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skill;
- Familiarity with business and financial principles.
DAARTT STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE ON WWW.ACBAR.ORG
We will accept only online applications. Please send your online applications by 3rd December 2023 @ 23:55 Hours midnight.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions: