- Salary Offer As per organization scale
- Years of Experience • 1-2 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization. Experience in administration and management is a must. Experience in disability or disability organization is advantaged.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 034-23
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • At least 12th class graduated.
- close Date May 29, 2023
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBR-worker) is the responsible person in terms of implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation, recognition, and integration of PwDs within community level; where awareness, training and linking PwDs with external service providers are key tools.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates.
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality.
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions, and other NGOs.
- Do related job as delegated by the Field Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Supervise daily routine activities of community volunteers and family trainers.
- Supervise rehabilitation process implemented by family trainers and community volunteers.
- Supervision of PwD placed in apprenticeship, group vocational training and loan ongoing cases.
- Follow up of school integrated children to determine their needs and problems.
- To collect data of DP activities at district level and report to Field Supervisor on monthly basis
- House to house surveys of PwD within his/her target area
- Assess needs of PwD with assistance of Physiotherapy, Special Education and Employment Support sections and prepare plan for rehabilitation intervention including selection of training material.
- Work as a first referral source for the implementation of CBR strategy
- Assist DP trainers in establishment of CBR Committees
- Identify and mobilise available local resources and utilise for better implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation of PwD
- To promote awareness and given advice on disability and rehabilitation issues to the community
- To promote community’s knowledge regarding disabilities and its prevention at different stage
- Facilitate school integration of children with disabilities after completion of preparatory education.
- Identify and introduce the PwD for vocational skills training and loan schemes to SCA employment support, Government agencies and any other organization working in the same area.
- Assist PwD in filling of revolving loan application forms and collect loan installments from loan borrowers.
- Distribute publications such as Village Page to all villages covered by him/her, Wall magazine into all schools and health centres in the concerned area.
- Assist DP Information Officers in writing of disability articles and life stories of PwD or address them to the information staff.
- Technically assist the DPOs in identifying the PwDs
- Refer needy PwD to other rehabilitation resources inside and outside of DP
- Any other job-related task assigned by DP project manager, CBR senior supervisor, social integration officer and CBR field supervisor.
- Collect the loan instalments from the PwDs and submit it on monthly bases to Field Supervisor.
- Provide training to family trainers and community volunteers in the topics or material to be used for rehabilitation of PwD in home-based training.
- To assist and facilitate the social trainer in conducting trainings for community members, teachers, health staff and other disability stake holders on disability rights and other related topics.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- At least 12th class graduated.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization. Experience in administration and management is a must. Experience in disability or disability organization is advantaged.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.