- Salary Offer As per organization salary policy
- Years of Experience 1 year
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Ten months
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HNTPO-05-11-22/1
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from Midwifery, Nursing or diploma in nutrition
- close Date May 21, 2022
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all. HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program, BPHS/EPHS in three provinces, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- To be responsible for the planning, organizing and implementation of Nutrition activities in close coordination with line supervisor.
- To ensure from printing, packing and distribution of nutrition formats, guidelines and tools to the health facilities
- Ensure provision of nutrition services according to the BPHS and increased utilization by vulnerable groups.
- Make sure that all health facilities have the MOPH standard nutrition guidelines, registers, formats and BPHS required supply.
- To ensure that all relevant department staff are aware from project work schedule (as approved in the contract) and updates his/her supervisor on monthly basis.
- To ensure that progress against project key indicators are updated on monthly base at provincial office and HFs.
- To closely monitor the performance of project key indicators versus set targets on monthly basis and makes sure effective action plans are developed to achieve project targets both at provincial office and HF level.
- To ensure that HMIS verification checklist is implemented once per month per HF.
- To establish/maintain easy to access and meaningful filing system and record keeping.
- To collect, analyze and interpret the nutrition data/information regularly basis.
- To coordinate and share his/her findings and recommendations with the project team.
- .To be responsible for capacity building (via on the job training or designing specific trainings) for HFs staff on Nutrition activities.
- Prepare trainee’s progress reports
- Participation in conducting nutrition surveys
- Supportive Supervision of different components of the nutrition policy from the Ministry of Public Health in all the health facilities and health posts.
- Supervision, and monitoring of the TFU activities at EPHS/ BPHS HFs
- Conducting training regarding all nutrition components of the relevant staff in health facilities as well at health posts level
- Organize awareness raising sessions and events at health facility and community levels
- Participate in developing messages on nutrition
- Provision training to HFs staff, CHWs and FHA group members on growth monitoring and growth promotion, C-IYCF.
- Graduated from Midwifery, Nursing or diploma in nutrition
- 1 Years of experience working in CBNP.
- Received basic Nutrition training
- Good communication skill and team working capacity
- Fluent in spoken English, Dari /Pashto
- Writing abilities in English
- Computer skills (ability to work with Word and Excel, and preferably PowerPoint and Asia Soft Dari and Pashto)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration.
Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;