- Salary Offer As per organization policy
- Address Kunduz Provincial Office, with travel to the districts
- Years of Experience Prior experience of working with community
- Number of Vacancies: 12
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference JACK-HLT-2022-067
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education diploma in medical field
- close Date September 30, 2022
About JACK – Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge:
Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK) is an independent, non-governmental, non-Profit, non-Political and non-Sectarian Organization working in Afghanistan since 2001 in the areas of health, nutrition, education, development and emergency with an aim at improving livelihoods and alleviating poverty. And JACK had the experiences of working in various provinces and zones of Afghanistan.
JACK registered under the Ministry of Economy with registration number, 316. The organization works in Collaboration with other line Ministries, NGOs, INGOs, and donor communities.
The mandate of JACK is to improve lives of the people we touch through our programs. We strive to have a community that is empowered, participates in its development and is able to use the resources available to them to get what they want. We work to assist communities in their efforts that lead them to self- help and in essence self- reliance that comes with economic and social independence.
Our service is without fear, favor or prejudice to race, nationality, religion, political affiliations region or language. We offer assistance where it is needed within our resource and ability.
CBNP master trainers will be responsible for overall management and implementation of capacity building interventions of CBNP, WIFS and MNP project and other nutrition related interventions in Kunduz province with special focus at community interventions. More over She/he is responsible to generate Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, Annual, and project reports on capacity building activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support initiating the implementation capacity building phase of community- based- nutrition program (CBNP), WIFS and MNP throughout the Kunduz province in close coordination and collaboration with UNICEF nutrition extenders, provincial nutrition officer and community-based health care (CBHC) officer.
- Involve respective communities and local authorities in community based nutrition program and ensure their understanding of the program concept and their engagement in identifying community volunteers considering the criteria set.
- Responsible for advance preparation of trainings in conjunction with Nutrition program coordinator and provincial CBNP project manager and logistics officer ensuring proper training venue and having facilitator kits and other job aids papered for delivery to training sites
- Organize and conduct three-day training for nutrition mobilization teams (NMTs) at the district centers to enable them to conduct community mobilization sessions at the village level.
- Organize and conduct two-days training for nutrition mobilization teams (NMTs) at the district centers to enable them to implement WIFS and MNP at community level.
- Provide technical support and oversee to nutrition mobilization members during community mobilization sessions.
- Conduct two-day CBNP refresher training to CHW/ volunteers to enable them provide community-based nutrition services (growth monitoring nutrition education & cooking demonstration etc.) for mothers having children < 2yrs.
- Be actively involved in conducting WIFS and MNP campaigns at Kunduz province.
- Conduct post training follow up visits to health post to assess knowledge skills and confidence of the health workers
- Be prepared to travel to remote areas. The master trainers will spend approximately 80% of their working time in the field
- Having diploma in medical field (MD nurse midwives etc.) or bachelor’s degree in social science education or related field from an accredited College/University;
- Must be a local resident of Kunduz province;
- Must be couple married or Mahram to each other (brother and sister). One of pair should be medical professional
- Phenomenal communication presentation and public speaking skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural locations in districts
- Fluency in written and spoken local language;
- Prior experience of working with community.
Please click on below link and follow the instructions to apply the vacant position